44. RU
45. Cincy
51. SU
57. Louisville
66. Pitt
86. USF
95. UConn
103. Temple

We actually dropped which is bad. We are above UL right now so we have a shot, but they likely jump us if they beat RU.

Boy, that NW late hit out of bounds will haunt me forever. :(

Which is part of BCS

44. RU
45. Cincy
51. SU
57. Louisville
66. Pitt
86. USF
95. UConn
103. Temple

We actually dropped which is bad. We are above UL right now so we have a shot, but they likely jump us if they beat RU.
That is one sorry azz looking league. Where do you find the rankings? I'd like to see a comparison with the MAC and MWC teams.

Still, the RU and Cinci losses appears to put them ahead of us.
Agree. But that would've been a win and would have us clearly in front I'd think

I wonder if missouri and USC had won last night what our numbers would have looked like.. and Minn lost too.

Lou dropped 11
rutgers dropped 10.
pitts win only brought them up 8 so UL win over rutgers might now move them up as much and it will also move us up too.

not sure any other games help us but stanford winning again adds a bit to USC, and a Neb win helps us as they beat NW.

the bigger issue is i think we are farther behind in the other computers

In reading the fine lines of the Sagarin website, it actually looks as though the BCS uses the ELO-CHESS component, which is the column marked in red. Unfortunately, this is even worse news as those standings are as follows:

Rutgers 41
Cincinnati 50
Louisville 54
syracuse 55

So with a UL win, they will certainly move up farther ahead of us.

In reading the fine lines of the Sagarin website, it actually looks as though the BCS uses the ELO-CHESS component, which is the column marked in red. Unfortunately, this is even worse news as those standings are as follows:

Rutgers 41
Cincinnati 50
Louisville 54
syracuse 55

That is dumb. So his computer rank that he feels is the best indicator is not used but one component of it that is biased to Ws and Ls is used? What is the point of a computer rank if it is all about Ws and Ls. Then we could just use humans. Computer rank is supposed to take away bias not use it.

Rutgers 41
Cincinnati 50
Louisville 54
syracuse 55

Yea, the BCS doesn't allow a margin of victory component. Thus the elo is used.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Rutgers 41
Cincinnati 50
Louisville 54
syracuse 55

That stuff is all nice, but in terms on ability, right now, SU is the best team in the conference. If it was for Nassib vs their QB issues, I'd actually put Cinci ahead. Then Lville, Pitt, Rutgers, Uconn, USF, and Temple.

That stuff is all nice, but in terms on ability, right now, SU is the best team in the conference. If it was for Nassib vs their QB issues, I'd actually put Cinci ahead. Then Lville, Pitt, Rutgers, Uconn, USF, and Temple.

I've been saying the same. I'm just clarifying what portion of the Sagarin the BCS is using.

The fact that we use computers to determine who plays for championships is a joke. Go back to the old days damn it!

Doesn't Coach Mac have a vote in the Harris Poll? The computers are only 1/3 of the BCS ranking we need the polls to give us a little love as they are 2/3s. I hope ACC coaches throw us a bone over RU, or UL and Pinkel, Fitzgerald, Kill throw us a 25th place bone.

The fact that we use computers to determine who plays for championships is a joke. Go back to the old days damn it!

they also flush toilets now a days,so if you stand in front of one too long they will keep flushing and flushing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom