Sales Article... | Syracusefan.com

Sales Article...

Faegan

All Conference
...on the PS site...
Anyone heard of this before? I don't remember it:

The coach also has instituted a leadership council on the football team, comprised of players and coaches. Sales might have to go before that group, or a team vote could be taken if Marrone or other coaches feel that is the proper thing to do.

Wasn't there a team vote on Mike Williams?
They voted him back, was supposed to meet with Marrone and slept through his meeting, got the boot.

speaking of typical, he's now sleeping through my fantasy football season...

speaking of typical, he's now sleeping through my fantasy football season...

Yeah, I'm really surprised. They seem to be spreading the ball out a lot. Which is a good thing, but at some point you start to take the ball away from your playmakers. Haven't seen a full Tampa game, so not sure what other factors are there.

They voted him back, was supposed to meet with Marrone and slept through his meeting, got the boot.

Don't think that is how it went exactly. Him quitting happened a few days after the vote and he had gone home because there was a lot of in fighting amongst the players on the team about that vote. He and some players got on the outs (the vote was very very close) and he up and quit and went home. Although his mother calmed him down and talked to Marrone to let him back once again. Not real sure what happened after that, whether Doug said no or if he said they'd talk and then maybe that's when Williams missed the meeting.

I think I remember hearing about the leadership council from the very early Marrone days.

Don't think that is how it went exactly. Him quitting happened a few days after the vote and he had gone home because there was a lot of in fighting amongst the players on the team about that vote. He and some players got on the outs (the vote was very very close) and he up and quit and went home. Although his mother calmed him down and talked to Marrone to let him back once again. Not real sure what happened after that, whether Doug said no or if he said they'd talk and then maybe that's when Williams missed the meeting.
Williams definitely missed the meeting, but you're right. He was voted back and said screw this and then got a second chance the next day if he talked with marrone and apologized to his teammates. Then slept through the meeting and that was it for Doug. Too bad that story exists. Wish his situation went differently, but from what I heard, he was lucky to be alive following the accident they got into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom