Sales' Suspension Lifted | Syracusefan.com

Sales' Suspension Lifted

Since he couldn't attend classes, I don't see how he would be eligible right now anyways.

he could really help Nassib next year, seems to be his go to guy when he has been in the game.

He should be back for Spring semester...

And the moral of the story?

If you ever get in trouble in the 'Cuse, call Mike V ... that guy knows how to get it done!

Probably helps that their both "brothers" as well.

he could really help Nassib next year, seems to be his go to guy when he has been in the game.

Nassib AND Hunt hopefully...

If we have learned anything this week its that if you lay down with dogs you wake up with fleas.

There is no need for Sales in our football program. If he wants to return to school if the school lets him to continue and finish his education. Fine! Football, no way. Let's have some morals here. He might have "gotten off" on a few of the bigger chargers, but there are still lesser charges to be dealt with. And lets not put the image out to the world that if you break the law and the rules we (SU) will take you back just because you can catch a ball.

Have we learned anything this week? SU Football will go on fine without Marcus Sales.

If we have learned anything this week its that if you lay down with dogs you wake up with fleas.

There is no need for Sales in our football program. If he wants to return to school if the school lets him to continue and finish his education. Fine! Football, no way. Let's have some morals here. He might have "gotten off" on a few of the bigger chargers, but there are still lesser charges to be dealt with. And lets not put the image out to the world that if you break the law and the rules we (SU) will take you back just because you can catch a ball.

Have we learned anything this week? SU Football will go on fine without Marcus Sales.

Easy dude, it's really not up to you. Trying to draw comparisons between this week and Marcus is just weird. He made a mistake and now it's up to the university and Marrone to decide. Do you know sales? Do you know what he has been doing the past 4 months since his arrest or the changes he has made? Trying to draw comparisons between this week and sales is something I will never understand.

May not be the best thing.

I'm rooting for him.

Kids make mistakes.

Lets hope that this was a mistake and that he has learned a valuable lesson.

Won't they let the current players decide if he's coming back? That's what they did with Mike Williams I believe.

Easy dude, it's really not up to you. Trying to draw comparisons between this week and Marcus is just weird. He made a mistake and now it's up to the university and Marrone to decide. Do you know sales? Do you know what he has been doing the past 4 months since his arrest or the changes he has made? Trying to draw comparisons between this week and sales is something I will never understand.

And its not up to you either! Point?

So because he has been good for 4 months that erases everything else? Please give me a break.

So because he has been good for 4 months that erases everything else? Please give me a break.

Everything else? the charges were dropped, he is inocent in the eyes of the law but you still need to punish him further. Like I said, it's not up to you and I am glad the people making the decision will look at the whole pitcure. 4 months, 22 years or one bad night, however you want to look at it. SO quick to judge when these mistakes are out in the open. I think Sales will come back ready to go and probably have changed for the better. Why not let the kid try to comeback?

Again, trying to draw comparisons between Sales and the Penn St sceanario is beyond moronic

Everything else? the charges were dropped, he is inocent in the eyes of the law but you still need to punish him further. Like I said, it's not up to you and I am glad the people making the decision will look at the whole pitcure. 4 months, 22 years or one bad night, however you want to look at it. SO quick to judge when these mistakes are out in the open. I think Sales will come back ready to go and probably have changed for the better. Why not let the kid try to comeback?

The BIG charges were dropped. Not the little ones. Possession of Pot and an open container in his car are still on this kids plate and he still has to deal with in the courts. (I will give him a pass on running the red light)

The ONLY reason you want him back because you think Sales helps SU win games. If this was the 3rd string OLB you wouldn't be talking with this much passion. It's about right and wrong and there is no reason for this kid to play football at SU. Im sorry, the "oh its kids being kids and one little mistake" defense doesn't cut it. It's about right and wrong. Have a little pride in your football program. If this were UCONN with stolen computers and such you would be making jokes about them. But since its SU you think its ok to let it slide.

Let Sales return to school, let him finish his education, but I don't see it as a birth-right that he should be able to return to play football. He wasn't found not guilty of everything that night, just the major stuff. Keep that in mind.

I am not up to date on everything in this matter, would he be able to play next year?

and its wrong and SU and Marrone are wrong for letting it happen

I agree with the spirit of your argument. SU should strive to be better. The only issue is whether an Open Container Charge, a UPM, & a traffic infraction -- none of which are crimes -- should be the basis for a personal football death penalty for Sales. My answer is that I don't know enough about Sales to determine if this was an aberration or the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. As to that, if we've learned nothing else about Marrone, I think we've learned is that he does set the bar higher than most other coaches. So as to Sales' fate, I'll defer to him.

As for the stupidity of what he did, with my oldest being 25, I have experienced the thrill ride that is watching your kids not learn from the same stupid mistakes you made when you were a kid. Thankfully, the law allows for second chances after an appropriate sanction is imposed. What's appropriate is a function of knowing facts that we are not privy to in this case.

Finally, one fact is that 23 people heard the evidence against Sales & there wasn't at least 12 people who believed that there was even "reasonable cause" to accuse Sales of a crime (& an indictment is just an accusation). We can have our suspicions that his brother fell on his sword for him, but in the end it's just a suspicion not supported by the facts found by the GJ.

So, let's expect and demand a higher standard, but let's sprinkle that with a sense of compassion & a trust in the decision-makers who've been picked to lead our program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the spirit of your argument. SU should strive to be better. The only issue is whether an Open Container Charge, a UPM, & a traffic infraction -- none of which are crimes -- should be the basis for a personal football death penalty for Sales. My answer is that I don't know enough about Sales to determine if this was an aberration or the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. As to that, if we've learned nothing else about Marrone, I think we've learned is that he does set the bar higher than most other coaches. So as to Sales' fate, I'll defer to him.

As for the stupidity of what he did, with my oldest being 25, I have experienced the thrill ride that is watching your kids not learn from the same stupid mistakes you made when you were a kid. Thankfully, the law allows for second chances after an appropriate sanction is imposed. What's appropriate is a function of knowing facts that we are not privy to in this case.

Finally, one fact is that 23 people heard the evidence against Sales & there wasn't at least 12 people who believed that there was even "reasonable cause" to accuse Sales of a crime (& an indictment is just an accusation). We can have our suspicions that his brother fell on his sword for him, but in the end it's just a suspicion not supported by the facts found by the GJ.

So, let's expect and demand a higher standard, but let's sprinkle that with a sense of compassion & a trust in the decision-makers who've been picked to lead our program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good post. I agree with some points, disagree with some points. One thing I would say is you don't need a "crime" or to "break a law" to be thrown off a football team. You can be thrown off a team for far less. I feel the compassion part I put forward is letting back in school to finish his education, which is fair. But the football aspect I feel he has already thrown away.

If Sales is allowed back on the team he would have jumped through many hoops to do so and they are in place to avoid just a football player being able to play football. It's a process and if he is a star player or 3rd string they should all receive the same treatment. Now, are fans more interested in Sales because he's a decent player? Of course they are just like when any good player gets more attention than a bad one in any type of public brewha.

and its wrong and SU and Marrone are wrong for letting it happen

Just a difference of opinion, I would prefer to give the kid a second chance, try to bring the best out of them through that and not take away the kids chance of one more year to do what he loves to do.. Hindsight is 20/20 I understand it was bonehead move but you need to move forward. I think Marrone has been wildly inconsistent with his policies here.

Walk on or star player I think the kid should play next year..

Just a difference of opinion, I would prefer to give the kid a second chance, try to bring the best out of them through that and not take away the kids chance of one more year to do what he loves to do.. Hindsight is 20/20 I understand it was bonehead move but you need to move forward. I think Marrone has been wildly inconsistent with his policies here.

Walk on or star player I think the kid should play next year..
The school can give him a 2nd chance by letting him finish is degree and continuing his education. But the "perk" of football should be taken away. There are consequences in life to actions. SU should not be endorsing slaps on the wrist with a wink-n-nod type of deal.

how do you know exactly how much involvement he had? You are condeming him without even knowing.