Same issues exposed again today will cost this team in the tourney | Syracusefan.com

Same issues exposed again today will cost this team in the tourney

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Not saying anything earth shattering here but the below problems are continuing to plague this team and have me allready dredding another early tourney exit.

1. Half court offense- Its just bad period, zero inside game, little to not set plays or any that I can see, and often looks like were playing 4-5 when Keita and Cooney are in.

2. Triche and MCW's three point shooting - Ever since JS was suspened Triche's % from deep is absolutely in the toilet, he and Mike were O fer the century today and if you check Triche's numbers outside of the Lville game hes been abysmal. To make matters worse when either of them are really struggling we have no choice but to ride it out as Trevor is simply not ready for high end Div 1 baskeball, kid was O fer from deep again today and had a couple near air balls. He is rushing everything and just seems lost out there.

3. Keita - I am not giving Rak a pass but honestly at this point Keita is pretty much useless out there. Cant rebound, sure as hell cant score, and if he has to cover the wing its pretty much a wide open 3 for the opposition. I cant tell you how many times today I looked for Keita on a missed SU jumper and he was no where near the rim, team was outrebounded by Neils Giffey and Tyler Olander.

4. Southerland - We dont need heat checks from 40 feet out, we need JS to take his shots but when your on a streak of one can you at least get near the 3 point line?

5. Lack of hustle/horrendous turnovers - I felt the need to combine these as they often go hand in hand. The 3 on 1 break that resulted in a layup for UConn is unacceptable, MCW and Brandon have to do a better job in handling the ball, way to many turnovers.

6. Shot Selection - How many times tonight did we come down and one pass later chuck up some deep three from either JS, Triche, or MCW. Why are we not goign inside to Fair and Grant who have moves and touch? We should have been killing Uconn tonight inside instead we got outrebounded, Keita was a ghost, and I am not sure Rak even scored. Coleman cant get healthy fast enough.

Syracuse isnt built to win rock fights, this team has to figure some issues out quickly or were going to have another Vermont or Marquette early exit on our hands. Coach knows more about basketball in his pinky finger then I could ever hope to know but can we at least try to throw something out there like m2m or a box one or something to change it up when Uconn is nailing three after three in the second half, even if its just for a minute or two? Also what happened to utilizing the bench when players are stinking it up? After that Southerland 4o footer Grant needed to get in the game.

Also on a side note, Bees, CTO, Tomcat or Jake you really should make someone a Mod in the chat room if none of you are in there. It gets bad enough with just SU fans, we dont need Gtown and UConn fans in there as well, its becoming the wild west.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom