Same record no family - are you still as upset? | Syracusefan.com

Same record no family - are you still as upset?

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Wife asked me last night what bothered me more - the losing or the family vacation that is our current season?

in that context it's the latter (at least for me) because in my opinion it is hurting the team's ability to win. Overall however I think the current issues have just further added to the general malaise that I have over the entire program the last few years. Knowing the outcome is not going to be great but not knowing exactly when we hit that point. It's as if we are in a suspended reality and that is the worst.

It’s just a differ in emotions but still would be as upset with same results

Wife asked me last night what bothered me more - the losing or the family vacation that is our current season?

in that context it's the latter (at least for me) because in my opinion it is hurting the team's ability to win. Overall however I think the current issues have just further added to the general malaise that I have over the entire program the last few years. Knowing the outcome is not going to be great but not knowing exactly when we hit that point. It's as if we are in a suspended reality and that is the worst.
Fwiw, I was much more “bothered“ last year.

after the offseason, I didn’t expect this season to go great. That said...I didn’t expect it to be this bad.

I would still be unhappy with the results, and I don't even think the target of my ire would be different. It's the head coach. For some reason, stubbornness or ego, he thinks he can get the same HOF results he has in the past while not working as hard. College basketball is at least 50% about talent and when the coach stops focusing on getting the best talent available because it's a lot of crappy work it results in a team light on talent. I can see how recruiting could be the least enjoyable aspect of being a D1 head coach. It seems that most of the good ones who leave college ball, leave because they hate recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom