Sandusky spoke at Health and Human Services Commencement in 2007 at PSU! Wow! | Syracusefan.com

Sandusky spoke at Health and Human Services Commencement in 2007 at PSU! Wow!

The Penn State fans from that forum make some great points.

1. These current allegations against Paterno cannot erase 62 years of honor and integrity.

So true. When you think about it, it really is unfair to just assume that what we are hearing about him knowing of these JS allegations and not alerting authorities are true, when you consider his past.

2. The vast majority of those who believe Paterno did something wrong are jealous of the Penn State program and are doing so for their own selfish reasons.

It's hard to argue with that.

3. Paterno fullfilled his LEGAL and MORAL obligations by reporting it. He did not break any laws (according to the Grand Jury), and therefore did nothing wrong.

He reported it. Didn't break the law. What else could the guy have done?

4. It was ALL Mike McQueary's responsibility.

This is pretty much all McQueary's fault, when you think about it.

5. Jerry Sandusky was never convicted of being a child molestor. Therefore, Paterno did the right thing by continuing to be his friend.

Wouldn't you continue being his friend?

6. "Is it JoePa's fault that Curley and Schultz failed to do their jobs and actually open a criminal investigation?"

Of course not. Paterno did all he could, he was powerless against his superiors who refused to contact authorities.

7. No one knows any facts. Everything we have heard or will continue to hear is nothing but unsubstantiated rumor and hearsay.

You can't believe everything...check that, anything you read.

8. Paterno did not renew Sandusky's contract in 1999 after the first allegations.

That should be good enough, right? What more could he have done, really?

9. Paterno is not on trial.

Cannot deny this. Seriously, what is everyone's problem? Let the man coach!

10. All Penn State fans should stand up for what is right - which is defending Joe Paterno no matter what. This is all about standing up for the right thing and defending honor!

"In 10 or 20 years from now......are you going to be asking yourself...what should I have done, what could I have done to stop the witch hunt that destroyed a GOOD MAN's reputation?"

Amen, brother. Cue the Braveheart theme music.

All Penn State fans should stand up for what is right - which is defending Joe Paterno no matter what. This is all about standing up for the right thing and defending honor!

This is the kind of thinking that leads to totalitarian states. Which, when you think about, is kind of what PSU has been for 40+ years.

1. These current allegations against Paterno cannot erase 62 years of honor and integrity.

It's not 62 years. If we're counting back to the first allegations he knew about in 1998, that would be 49 years of honor and integrity and at least 13 years of enabling the sexual abuse of children in his football program.

You forgot to mention that Paterno promoted McQueary in exchange for his silence.

Question why did they force Sandusky out as DC? If you are going to keep him on campus and let him use the university as a means to entrap kids, then what was the point of the firing? In fact if he was still DC he likely has less time on his hands to be the monster he was. I still do not get why PSU allowed him to stay around. What benefit did PSU get? Only bad things could happen. It makes no sense. If he were still DC then I could see why they would cover it up. But he was just a freakin resident. Why cover it up vs kicking him out of the community?

So true. When you think about it, it really is unfair to just assume that what we are hearing about him knowing of these JS allegations and not alerting authorities are true, when you consider his past.

2. The vast majority of those who believe Paterno did something wrong are jealous of the Penn State program and are doing so for their own selfish reasons.

3. Paterno fullfilled his LEGAL and MORAL obligations by reporting it. He did not break any laws (according to the Grand Jury), and therefore did nothing wrong.

5. Jerry Sandusky was never convicted of being a child molestor. Therefore, Paterno did the right thing by continuing to be his friend.

6. "Is it JoePa's fault that Curley and Schultz failed to do their jobs and actually open a criminal investigation?"

Of course not. Paterno did all he could, he was powerless against his superiors who refused to contact authorities.

7. No one knows any facts. Everything we have heard or will continue to hear is nothing but unsubstantiated rumor and hearsay.

8. Paterno did not renew Sandusky's contract in 1999 after the first allegations.

10. All Penn State fans should stand up for what is right - which is defending Joe Paterno no matter what. This is all about standing up for the right thing and defending honor!

"In 10 or 20 years from now......are you going to be asking yourself...what should I have done, what could I have done to stop the witch hunt that destroyed a GOOD MAN's reputation?"

All of that is BS. PSU fans are so stupid and are blind to what went on for so many years and Paterno allowed it and allowed the sicko to stay around the program. They keep throwing out the legal part but ignore the moral and ethical parts which go right to the heart of if someone is a legend. 62 years of honor and integrity. Pffft.

Not 62 years of honor or integrity. They knew about this many years ago and kept their yaps shut. His career will forever be tattooed with sexual abuse. I don't care how long he went before that toucher started fondling kids. People remember the recent past more so than the far past.

#6 - while they may be is "superiors" in title Joe runs that school and had all the power to do something.

That list is crap, just PSU fans trying to spin it

Question why did they force Sandusky out as DC? If you are going to keep him on campus and let him use the university as a means to entrap kids, then what was the point of the firing? In fact if he was still DC he likely has less time on his hands to be the monster he was. I still do not get why PSU allowed him to stay around. What benefit did PSU get? Only bad things could happen. It makes no sense. If he were still DC then I could see why they would cover it up. But he was just a freakin resident. Why cover it up vs kicking him out of the community?

I would suspect that Jerry knows where all the skeletons are buried. Don't rat me out and I won't rat you out. Think about it.

dontwanna.jpg