Saturday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Recruiting

image.jpg

Jermaine Lawrence & Tyler Ennis

Syracuse Orange Basketball - Tyler Ennis Gives Brief Update, Talks New Offers

Beejay-Anya1.jpg

BeeJay Anya: A legitimate center and a player who could make an early impact if Patric Young leaves after his junior year. He’s ranked as the 20th prospect in the country by Rivals and has offers from nearly every school in the country. But Florida remains squarely in the picture for Anya.
AA

One on One with Hoops Prospect Beejay Anya

Former Players

20120304_120434_DS04TAFT_500.jpg

Jason Hart leaves Taft after one season to become Pepperdine assistant

Dion Waiters 18,20,22,28Fab Melo 22,23,26,27

Knicks Players Promise to 'Figure It Out'

"The Big East tournament developed its reputation thanks to performances like Gerry McNamara had is 2005 or Kemba Walker had in 2011."
Quote from CBT

0511_oag_meschery-617x500.jpg

Saw the photo of Dave Bing in this article

ACC News

ACC coaches deal with schedule changes

UNC will play NC State twice next season

The addition of Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC – and the adoption of an 18-game conference schedule – will bring an end to the home-and-away series between North Carolina and N.C. State that has existed since, well, forever. At least it seems that way.
NO

Around The Nation

Eight noteworthy figures from the NCAA's annual attendance report

Kentucky basketball recruit Nerlens Noel: 'The NCAA hasn't contacted me or my mom directly'

Concessions key to draft age talk

2013 NCAA tournament

NCAA Could Close Transfer Loopholes

Blogs

FabMelo138919106.jpg

Detroit should avoid Fab Melo

I really feel like the biggest upside players available with the 14th and 16th Pick comes down to three guys. Terrence Ross, Quincy Miller, and Fab Melo. Melo is a major source of contention on the site lately but I’m happy to go ahead and say take him. He’s a legit 7 footer, came from a great program at Syracuse and yes, has his head screwed on a bit loose but why else would we have gotten McHale if not for this specific case? A high upside young big man who needs offensive refinement and a little bit of discipline? Sounds like the best case scenario for us.

Fab Melo is another guy I’m interested in. Like BD said, he’s a 7-footer. That should be enough to interest you. And he doesn’t look like he’s going to fall over while running, which was always a legitimate fear with Hasheem Thabeet. Is he a project? Yes. Will some team possibly lose their minds and trade for him even if he doesn’t pan out? Yes. So what’s the harm?
TDS

NBA Draft 2012: Dion Waiters and Best Pure Scorers from Talented Class

Louisville Leads The Nation In Overall Basketball Attendance

Around CNY

Syracuse's Destiny USA says Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth opening ...

Interesting that if you go onto the official NCAA basketball site and check the Top 50 national performers last season for the dozen or so categories listed, only one SU player emerges. FAB MELO. He was #11 in the nation for most blocked shots. Seems amazing we were so good last season, but without noteworthy individual success.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/individual/138

That picture of Dave Bing playing for the Pistons against San Franciso was shot in the old MSG. I forgot they used to have NBA double headers there.

Interesting that if you go onto the official NCAA basketball site and check the Top 50 national performers last season for the dozen or so categories listed, only one SU player emerges. FAB MELO. He was #11 in the nation for most blocked shots. Seems amazing we were so good last season, but without noteworthy individual success.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/individual/138

One of the big reasons we were so good because we had several guys who could step up when needed. A real TEAM effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom