Saturday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Saturday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
14489292-mmmain.jpg

C.J. Fair struggles to sink shots in Syracuse's ACC Tournament loss to N.C. State

Syracuse basketball makes early exit from ACC Tournament with loss to North Carolina State

Syracuse basketball sent packing from Greensboro after one miserable game

Orange comeback not enough against NC State in ACC Quarters

-
Syracuse falls to NC State in ACC quarters

North Carolina State has to hold its breath as Syracuse basketball misses six straight shots

Syracuse basketball: Assessing the four factors in the Orange's ACC tournament loss to N.C. State

Syracuse basketball loses to N.C. State 66-63 (ACC Tournament): Brent Axe rapid recap

You Grade the Orange: Rate the Syracuse basketball team's performance vs. North Carolina State

Live updates wrap: Syracuse basketball vs. North Carolina State in ACC tournament (chat)

Syracuse basketball fans: Join Brent Axe for a live Q&A after game against N.C. State

Watch Jim Boeheim's postgame news conference after Syracuse's game vs. N.C. State

41 Cuse.com Photos

71 AP Photos

82 PS Photos

Syracuse at the ACC Tournament (9 photos)

Former Players

MCW has 12-9 & 8 in another loss

Dion had 16 with 3:42 left in game

Wes had 9 in loss

Last edited:
Having played at the college level it is sad to watch this team self destruct. Players and coaches have hit a low. Im not sure what JB is doing but this has to be one of the worst coaching stretches i have seen in the last 4 or more years. He simply seems disconnected from his players and the flow of the game. Almost out of it. The team is either tight as a drum or extremely burned out. The lack of energy shows in their shooting. All arms very little leg effort which is a big part of the problem. I have never been a big TC fan but it is painful to see him struggle. I actually think he and Fair each had air balls on open threes. Not sure what JB is thinking with his O sets starting from the left sideline. Strange set at best. Rak having foul trouble was the deciding factor in this game as he seemed to be playing with passion something that was missing from the rest of the team.

Lets hope that a few more days off help to wash the stink off. This has been a horrible stretch and one that is on JB as much as anyone. I hope that he takes a hard look in the mirror as the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Interesting from the post game presser that JB doesnt appear to think that the team is in a slump. His view was that the team played its best game of the year against FSU and to of the other losses were without Grant so they dont count.

JB is known for his honesty in pressers. This just seems an odd view of what is going on. He knows his team better than we do but it is hard to watch this team and not think that they have been playing badly over the last 8 games, or really since after the first Duke game.

I think JB had to keep it positive, hoping to influence seeding.

BC Game Bad Loss winning streak and looking ahead to Duke could have been a factor
Duke Loss- Duke at Home /see their Home record
Virginia loss to Va @ Va without Grant 2nd half/ Game was close before Grant left see their home record
Georgia Tech- Without Grant
Florida State Grant returns win FSU had it all on the line Senior Day/NCAA Bid
NCState- A Home Game /a sprained ankle for Cooney /and a horiffic game from a 2nd team AA,

Rak having foul trouble was the deciding factor in this game as he seemed to be playing with passion something that was missing from the rest of the team.
Rak committed fouls last night that you are taught not to commit in beginner basketball. He is at the end of his third year of D1 B ball you would think he would know enough to get back on D when the defensive rebounder is 90+ feet from his basket. With him on the bench a not healthy Baye becomes large, unfortunately at least seven possessions were lost because he either couldn't catch a pass, grab a rebound that's coming right down to him or make a simple pass to a teammate.

Christmas has to play with a better IQ if this team is to succeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom