Saved by the pipe | Syracusefan.com

Saved by the pipe

CaliCuse

All American
Hill made this win far more difficult to day. Yes he had a couple decent saves but he missed some relatively easier shots from West PointA win is still a win but that number 3 ranking might be a bit more precarious if they play a top team home or away.Evans is struggling for sure he seems to have lost his confidence. When he has tha ball he works it outside instead of going in for a high % shot.

warren really wasn't tested much last week. this week they picked on him outside. the jury is still out.
Agreed - Hill is either hot or cold - usually from possession to possession.

big plus numbers on face-offs and ground balls. one goal game.

And outshot 34-30. By Army. I can't remember the last time we only had 30 shots. Bryant?

Let down by our offense way to many turnovers and quick shots. Without Williams we would have been up sh$t creek. SU was up for goals in the third and took its foot off the gas and couldn't get the momentum back. Good news is that SU was great on GB's and Mullins was fantastic. Mellen seemed to struggle today, good learning experience. Worried about the UVA game if the offense is light years better.

And outshot 34-30. By Army. I can't remember the last time we only had 30 shots. Bryant?

I think we still had more even in that game, way to many turnovers and a lot of quick shots in the second half especially the 4th quarter that made no sense. Evans was brutal today but Donahue had 2-3 turnovers himself trying to go 1 on 1.

I agree ground balls were handled well today. there were quite a few that included out sticking a huge amount of sticks going after the ball.

Glad SU pulled it off. It is great when the team has a lot of offensive weapons but disappointing when the chips are down we just don't have that one go to guy.

I was surprised that Desko didn't call a timeout when Barber got into trouble over by the opposite sideline at the end of the game. I believe it was in his power to call one in that situation. We could than have another restart.

A little disappointed with our man up offense tonight. Felt like we just blew some chances. I need to look at that stats but at first glance there is opportunity to improve in that area.

Hill struggled at times but thought he was shielded on some of the goals. A few you could tell he would have liked to have back. Loved his outlets felt like they were Galloway passes. The bomb to the corner on the man down got me out of my chair. Thought it was going into the dunk bright endzone seats:)

Army goalie had a nice run in the second half. Some point blank stops. Why does it seem like their goalies always have the best performances against us?

Liked the rotation at the third attackman spot. All of those guys add something to the offense. Give them some time and those freshmen are going to win some match ups and games for us. Maybe Desko will rotate Evans as well.

Good points on Dylan Donahue and Jordan Evans struggles. They need to realize if they try 3 moves and it isn't working pull it out and work it around. Rarely does it happen after 3 failed attempts.

Thought that the defense from army looked faster than our offense. That was scary. Wish we had some more speed out there at times.

DeJoe kind of dissappeared as the game went on. Speaking of the EMO was he out there?

Wish that Ben Williams would take it to the goal a bit more. He didn't have his best night passing the ball. Perhaps they should have more of a plan as to what to do when he wins the draws. Seems a but disjointed considering the success he typically experiences.

We will see how this team reacts. I do like our grit and effort. Knew there would be some growing pains but we have all the tools to perfom well the rest of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom