Savoir Fair | Syracusefan.com

Savoir Fair

Because most people cannot pronouce savoir. It would come out savior.

I think Street Fair would give him a little more cred than something frenchy

Lol. Was just googling the video. Been calling him that for two years. Probably because very few of us are old enough to remember Klondike Kat!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Sav-wahr Fair. I like it! And never thought of it, although I was a French major. (A terrible terrible French major.)

Sav-wahr Fair. I like it! And never thought of it, although I was a French major. (A terrible terrible French major.)

People actually major in french? Always though that was a joke. Do they teach you how to make white flags?

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

People actually major in french? Always though that was a joke. Do they teach you how to make white flags?

Sent from Kindle Fire HD
I didn't know who I was. I was a lost soul. Don't be cruel!

I didn't know who I was. I was a lost soul. Don't be cruel!

Was in England for four years...you should hear what the Brits/English say about the French...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Back in the day when college was mostly about the Liberal Arts, lots of people (mainly women) majored in French. A close friend of mine... who got a BA, MA and PhD in French...belatedly saw the light, went back to school for an MBA and eventually became the CFO and Vice Chairman of Con Edison. But she had spent more than a decade ... studying French and French literature.

Because he already has the best nickname ever bestowed on one or more Syracuse basketball players.

Hint: It's Thickburger.

Back in the day when college was mostly about the Liberal Arts, lots of people (mainly women) majored in French. A close friend of mine... who got a BA, MA and PhD in French...belatedly saw the light, went back to school for an MBA and eventually became the CFO and Vice Chairman of Con Edison. But she had spent more than a decade ... studying French and French literature.

I was being sarcastic about people actually majoring in French. I know people do. I guess if you are going to be a novelist, poet, or historian you may find use for it. However, if you are not gonna be/do one of those, don't really see how much use it can be, especially a PhD. Not trying to be sexist on this, but I would assume for some women they kind of get into the romatical side of French. Not sure why a guy would study French, other than the fact there is probably a high ratio of women to men...

I was being sarcastic about people actually majoring in French. I know people do. I guess if you are going to be a novelist, poet, or historian you may find use for it. However, if you are not gonna be/do one of those, don't really see how much use it can be, especially a PhD. Not trying to be sexist on this, but I would assume for some women they kind of get into the romatical side of French. Not sure why a guy would study French, other than the fact there is probably a high ratio of women to men...

French is the language of choice for most of the schools up here in VT, because of the proximity to the french speaking part of Canada. And yet I still don't understand why my son's school doesn't teach Spanish instead. That would be MUCH more useful in the long run.

French is the language of choice for most of the schools up here in VT, because of the proximity to the french speaking part of Canada. And yet I still don't understand why my son's school doesn't teach Spanish instead. That would be MUCH more useful in the long run.

That, at least, I can understand. If you are going to live in a French speaking country/area, then French would be useful. But, I also agree with you that today, Spanish is more useful. Actually I would argue that learning Chinese or Arabic (more for DoD/military functions) would be even more useful than Spanish.

World B. Fair
Fair to Middling?

sticker,375x360.png

I'd like to see you make that suggestion in the Northeast Kingdom. :D

Renaissance. Makes for some great orange-colored costumes. Well...wenches, mostly, but still. We could have a dunk tank, you guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom