Say what you want about St. John's and BC... | Syracusefan.com

Say what you want about St. John's and BC...

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
But UConn is by FAR the worst team we have lost to. Watching them against 10-4 Memphis and they are down 14 five minutes in the second half and have yet to score 30 points. Oh yeah, they also have a 5-8 record.

But UConn is by FAR the worst team we have lost to. Watching them against 10-4 Memphis and they are down 14 five minutes in the second half and have yet to score 30 points. Oh yeah, they also have a 5-8 record.

Yes to score at least 53 points against them should not have required a Herculean effort, more like a Pee Wee Hermanean effort.

Well on their way to being 5-9 as they are down 54-35 with 9 minutes to go.

They are atrocious and did everything they could to lose our game
Not quite everything.
And they had help.
They had a guard bolt in and grab an offensive rebound and get fouled to win the game.
Because the team they were playing didn't't bother to box out (zone or no zone) and go after the ball as if their lives depended on it.

Yup. OP is spot on. They were horrendous against us and escaped with a W. That loss still hurts more than StJ frankly for me.

It probably hurts more for me personally because I live in CT, have been through the wars over the years, and was at MSG pulling my hair out with everyone else.

But watching our team not only blown off our home court, but obviously quit on the floor...I think the St John's game defined a nadir for the program.

I've never seen anything quite like that in 40 years as an SU fan.

I still like playing all those old rivals. Maybe only one a year until we get our own ship righted.
Glad we didn't have Nova on the schedule this year.

Yeah, that was by far the worst of our losses. We had control of that game, against an atrocious team, and couldn't hang on. They flat out stink, too. At least BC and SJ have the ability to score and can shoot. UConn can do none of that.

It is kind of right. We had a chance to beat UConn in the last minutes but had absolute no chance against BC and St. Johns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom