Scoop on TMZ | Syracusefan.com

Scoop on TMZ

Crazier things have happened but yea i give scoop about a one percent chance of getting drafted

Crazier things have happened but yea i give scoop about a one percent chance of getting drafted

images

There's a 0% chance he gets drafted. 1% chance he gets picked up F/A. I do love scoop though. Great player, better character guy.

There's a 0% chance he gets drafted. 1% chance he gets picked up F/A. I do love scoop though. Great player, better character guy.
drafted, probably not, but I think he will get a long look as a potential UFA. Pure point guards are a relatively scarce resource in the NBA right now.

Actually, in an interview with Mike Bristol, he and Devendorf discussed the money he made playing in the international leagues. Devo confirmed that he made "low six figures." If Scoop can do that for a few years, he will be fine. I think the idea is to make enough money overseas so that you can actually afford to play in the D-League since those players dont make very good money at all. The trade-off is that players are closer to a 10-day NBA contract out of the D-League than they are out of the Kiwi League. According to Darryl Watkins's espn player card, he made $55,321 for his 10 day stint...and had a fairly solid showing.

What do u guys think the chances are of kris getting drafted i say 75/25...hes a guy that can impress in workouts

What do u guys think the chances are of kris getting drafted i say 75/25...hes a guy that can impress in workouts

Impress in what way? He's kind of that jack of all trades, master of none type of wing that these scouts see all the time. If you don't have a first step, you better shoot it lights out.

Impress in what way? He's kind of that jack of all trades, master of none type of wing that these scouts see all the time. If you don't have a first step, you better shoot it lights out.

I guess, i just think in those wokout settings where its one on one pretty much hell do well...his game translates more in the league like dion with how wide open it is, i just have a good feeling he gets drafted

Oh Lord

Every mock ive seen has him getting drafted, i didnt exacly say sean williams is getting drafted...people act like kris is a stiff...im sure people laughed at rautins being an early second round pik also

The Knicks would have been better off lighting that pick on fire than taking Andy... about 98% of Cuse fans knew he was not an NBA player.

The Knicks would have been better off lighting that pick on fire than taking Andy... about 98% of Cuse fans knew he was not an NBA player.

Thats kinda what im getting at, kis just needs one gm to like him

Kris has a decent shot of getting drafted, but he will make 0 impact in the league.

AR wasn't an NBA player. But I think his size and shooting ability might have led to some people thinking he was a poor man's JJ Redick.

IMO, players taken with the last 5-10 picks in the second round are better off not getting drafted at all. I think there is an advantage being an undrafted free agent and finding a team that fits your style of play and/or provides an opportunity to make an impact. Not every team drafts second round players according to need. And when that happens, that late second round pick has virtually no chance of showcasing his skills. Im not saying undrafted free agents all flourish in the NBA though...

John Hollinger noted the other day that there is a dearth of quality SFs in the Association right now - in the entire league, only 18 small forwards managed a PER better than 15.0. It is partly because of this lack of quality at the position that I believe Donte Greene will get a second contract (his 11.85 is only 36th out of 63 qualified SFs, but he was in the top 30 and hovered just under 14 in PER for most of the year until a late season slump when the Kings were playing out the string). It is also why Kris will both get drafted and have a real opportunity to compete for a roster spot. Whether he'll make the most of that opportunity is an open question.

John Hollinger noted the other day that there is a dearth of quality SFs in the Association right now - in the entire league, only 18 small forwards managed a PER better than 15.0. It is partly because of this lack of quality at the position that I believe Donte Greene will get a second contract (his 11.85 is only 36th out of 63 qualified SFs, but he was in the top 30 and hovered just under 14 in PER for most of the year until a late season slump when the Kings were playing out the string). It is also why Kris will both get drafted and have a real opportunity to compete for a roster spot. Whether he'll make the most of that opportunity is an open question.

Kris Jo can shoot...so he's got that going for him. I look at Nick Young on the Clips. He LITERALLY can't guard anyone and he's playing for a playoff team, so I think KJ has a shot as a shooter on a team with a great big man, unfortunately his handle might do him in.

Kris Jo can shoot...so he's got that going for him. I look at Nick Young on the Clips. He LITERALLY can't guard anyone and he's playing for a playoff team, so I think KJ has a shot as a shooter on a team with a great big man, unfortunately his handle might do him in.
Can't shoot consistently though. His postseason will ultimately kill him.

BET: 3/14 from the field; 2/7 from 3
NCAA: 12/36 from the field; 1/10 from 3
Total: 15/50 from the field (30%); 3/17 from 3 (17%)

Also, he had 19 rebounds and 4 assists in 220 minutes in the postseason.

His best chance to improve his stock was have a stellar March, and he didn't.

Kris just needs to be more active on the court, away from the ball and the action. When he isn't scoring, he basically wasn't doing anything else positive to help us. He was neutral out there too much of the time, like Switzerland. I would kill to see him box out, go aggressively to the offensive boards, etc. If you are a spectator in the NBA, you won't be in the NBA very long.

Kris just needs to be more active on the court, away from the ball and the action. When he isn't scoring, he basically wasn't doing anything else positive to help us. He was neutral out there too much of the time, like Switzerland. I would kill to see him box out, go aggressively to the offensive boards, etc. If you are a spectator in the NBA, you won't be in the NBA very long.
That's why he won't get much of a chance. Sometimes JB would play it off as "the ball doesn't bounce your way" when KrisJo wasn't getting boards, other times he would say "we need our forwards to rebound better". Fact is, no team is gonna take a real chance on a kid with a low motor, who can't create his own shot, can't rebound, can't really dribble, and has an inconsistent jumper. What redeeming quality does he really have? I guess he has good size and is a "winner", but that's it.

That's why he won't get much of a chance. Sometimes JB would play it off as "the ball doesn't bounce your way" when KrisJo wasn't getting boards, other times he would say "we need our forwards to rebound better". Fact is, no team is gonna take a real chance on a kid with a low motor, who can't create his own shot, can't rebound, can't really dribble, and has an inconsistent jumper. What redeeming quality does he really have? I guess he has good size and is a "winner", but that's it.

Great finisher in transition.

(Just don't want to make this a on kris thread)

Scoop is taking too much of a hit on this. The reporter asked Robinson how he would spend his first NBA paycheck on and then asked "What about you Scoop?" He just said he'd spend his money on a house for his mother. I'm sure he's hopeful of the NBA but it wasn't a prediction. He wasn't bragging or delusional.

I guess, i just think in those wokout settings where its one on one pretty much hell do well...his game translates more in the league like dion with how wide open it is, i just have a good feeling he gets drafted

I think he'll be a disaster in workouts frankly especially if his conditioning dosn't improve. Workouts mean more dribbling and drills with the ball as well. He isn't especially quick or agile. He's a guy you can keep in the corner to make threes. To me he's Jumaine Jones best case scenario.

drafted, probably not, but I think he will get a long look as a potential UFA. Pure point guards are a relatively scarce resource in the NBA right now.

Geez, I could've sworn we just spent 5 years discussing how Scoop was not a true PG. ;)

If Scoop wants to, he could have a nice long career playing over in Europe. Those guys make some decent dough over there.

What's your guys thoughts on Waiters? I thought he was the best player on Syracuse this year and may be one of those guys that's a better player in the NBA than in college.

I see Scoop having a better shot then Kris for what its worth (which isn't much).
Scoop has gotten faster and better through the years. Kris has been injured more through the years.
Scoop ran his first effective non high post offense this year.
There is no reason to think he won't get faster and better over time. He has every year to a easily noticable degree which says a real lot.

I also feel Scoop had more scoring consistancy then Kris. Scoop hit quite a few big jumpshots at key times for us the last couple of years. Scoop was a different player this year then he was 2 years ago. 2-3 years ago he would have had his problems against good defenders while this year I can't remember him ever being totally stopped. Ive seen him miss and rarely force things this year but never seen him noticably lockedowned. Plus being close to Jordan helps.

Still alot of love for kris. Its sad the guy wasn't 100 percent this year. Who knows? Maybe he could have added alot more if he was.