Scoop Talking National Championship | Syracusefan.com

Scoop Talking National Championship

kingtidge

All American
Scoop quoted by The Post about his confidence and his discussion with CJ about winning the national championship...

Not sure what to think about this...

My immediate reaction: the superstitious sportsfan in me worried about jinxes no-likey... ok to think it, just don't say it publicly to reporters...

I am building the Jobu shrine tonight and will start the prayers and burn the incense...

“This is why I am who I am — not trying to be cocky, just confident,” said Jardine, a senior point guard who had 17 points, seven assists, three steals and scored seven of his team’s final 14 points. “I work on my game so much for these moments.’’

“I told [Fair] if he continues to play like this, we’ve got a really great chance of winning the national championship,’’ Jardine said.

They've been talking about competing for a national championship since the beginning of the season no need to worry about being jinxed

Scoop quoted by The Post about his confidence and his discussion with CJ about winning the national championship...

My immediate reaction: the superstitious sportsfan in me worried about jinxes no-likey... ok to think it, just don't say it publicly to reporters...

I am building the Jobu shrine tonight and will start the prayers and burn the incense...

He's right. We need Dion and James to start hitting shots again, too. But if C.J. can give us 14 points and 8 rebounds a game like he's been doing lately, that makes us a much better team. Cures a big problem on the boards too. He has been great lately.

i sometimes wince at some of scoops quotes but he is a confident kid, he speaks his mind, and he has spoken this way his whole career. he is going to play his game and either he will get us there or he won't.

If Scoop can't get us there, it won't be for a lack of trying.

OK, but if someone is going to build a Jobu shrine I'm pretty sure we're going to need a chicken.

From my point of view it is called being a leader and working to motivate your teammates. Remind them of the goal and the importance of their contributions to achieving the goal.

Not to hate on Scoop too much but by the way he plays, it shows why he's a 5th year senior and chances are, he isn't playing in the NBA. With that said, he should focus on the next game, not the national title. Everyone can talk.

I don't have a problem with this quote. He's not guaranteeing anything. As long as what he says can't be used on a future opponent's whiteboard to motivate someone against us. And there's nothing here like that. IMHO.

I loved what scoop said before the louisville game. He was asked about never beating them, and he said "i owe them 2 wins." Scoop is greedy this year, i like it. Now he just needs to get his "cousin" to stop playing with his head up his ass

Scoop has been talking National Championship since October; and like other posters have said, he's not guaranteeing anythign, just saying that we have a good shot.

Scoop seems more focused this year than any Cuse player I have seen in a long time. He's been through so much here, he deserves a ring.

More power to Scoop. A teams reach should exceed it's grasp. What's not to like about your point guard aspiring toward winning the National Championship? Isn't that what the thing is all about? There haven't been many players who have represented Syracuse as well as Scoop has in his 5 years. His commitment to Syracuse Basketball is admirable. He is a great example of how 4 year players can add leadership and stability to a program and it's been great to watch him mature as both a player and as an individual.

If a team needs bulletin board material to get excited about playing the number two team in the nation then I am not worried about playing that team at all.

Plus people forget idiotic quotes pretty quickly anyway. Look at our boy Chane from Louisville not many people remember him guaranteeing an undefeated season before ever playing a Big East game.

Not to hate on Scoop too much but by the way he plays, it shows why he's a 5th year senior and chances are, he isn't playing in the NBA. With that said, he should focus on the next game, not the national title. Everyone can talk.

Are you kidding? I wholeheartedly disagree with your entire post.

What does his quote have to do with him playing in the NBA? The kid has been playing very good ball, is our senior leader and has been a great mentor to our younger players. He's not guaranteeing a national championship, he's just commenting on the ultimate goal. Do you think Kobe plans on winning a title every year? Do you think that means he's not focusing on the next game?