Scoop | Syracusefan.com

Scoop

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
I'm sure it wasn't shown on tv, but we were sitting in the third deck above the tunnel Cuse exited through. Scoop was the last one out and exited to a final Scoooooop cheer. He started to look up and half smiled then completely melted down, face in his hands standing in the middle of the passageway. Someone in a blue hoodie went over the rail and took him in a full embrace for several minutes until he could compose himself enough to leave the court. Couldn't tell if it was his Dad or someone else since hood was up. Incredibly poignant moment for a player whose heart was his biggest asset.
Thanks for everything Scoop. You'll be missed.

Ive been hard on "bad Scoop" but give the kid credit "good Scoop" showed up bigtime the last few games. Kid is all heart and bleeds orange. Nothing but love for SCOOOOOOOOOOOP.

scoop saved us a few times in this tournament. Im not sure anyone had a better overall tourney for us...perhaps james early on...

Scoop's two 3's in the first half, and two drives in the 2nd half, saved our ass each time.

Kid bleeds orange more than just about anyone who's ever played for SU.

I'm sure it wasn't shown on tv, but we were sitting in the third deck above the tunnel Cuse exited through. Scoop was the last one out and exited to a final Scoooooop cheer. He started to look up and half smiled then completely melted down, face in his hands standing in the middle of the passageway. Someone in a blue hoodie went over the rail and took him in a full embrace for several minutes until he could compose himself enough to leave the court. Couldn't tell if it was his Dad or someone else since hood was up. Incredibly poignant moment for a player whose heart was his biggest asset.
Thanks for everything Scoop. You'll be missed.

Man, it seems like ages ago that Scoop was just a freshman with a streetballer attitude that had an inconsistent floater in the lane!

I met one of the football trainers at St. Neumann and Gorretti this past summer and the guy could not stop talking about how great of a person Scoop and his Grandmother are.

I'm not too upset about losing to a good team in the Elite 8 tonight, but I haven't felt this down about a player leaving in a long time.

I don't think we've seen the end of Scoop's affiliation with the orange though. I think in 25 years he'll be dancing in the stands next to his old man as we win big games in the big dance!

Local Channel 5 news showed Scoop post game giving their reporter an interview. He tried to maintain his composure, but broke down and cried.

Got to feel bad for the kid. Friggin refs..there is no justice in the world.

I've been watching college basketball for more decades than I want to admit...that was a royal jobbing.

Local Channel 5 news showed Scoop post game giving their reporter an interview. He tried to maintain his composure, but broke down and cried.

Got to feel bad for the kid. Friggin refs..there is no justice in the world.

I've been watching college basketball for more decades than I want to admit...that was a royal jobbing.
Kris was worse in the NCAA PC than Scoop was; he could barely answer a question without breaking down