Scores of Note | Syracusefan.com

Scores of Note

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
I decided to throw together a list of any game that means anything to us this season, or just any score that catches my attention. Feel free to add your own as the season goes on.

11/13/15
ACC
1. North Carolina 91 Temple 67
5. Duke 92 Siena 74
6. Virginia 86 Morgan St. 48
Pittsburgh 9. Gonzaga Canceled at Half
19. Notre Dame 87 St. Francis 56
Clemson 74 North Carolina Central 40
Miami 86 UT- Rio Grande Valley 59
Louisville 86 Samford 45
Wake Forest 78 UMBC 73
NC State 68 William & Mary 85
Georgia Tech 116 Cornell 81

Top 25
2. Kentucky 78 Albany 65
3. Maryland 80 Mount St Mary's 56
4. Kansas 109 Northern Colorado 72
7. Iowa State 68 Colorado 62
10. Wichita St. 88 Charleston Southern 63
11. Villanova 91 Fairleigh Dickinson 54
12. Arizona 79 Pacific 61
13. Michigan State 82 Florida Atlantic 55
14. California 97 Rice 65
15. Indiana 88 Eastern Illinois 49
16. Utah 82 Southern Utah 71
17. Wisconsin 67 Western Illinois 69
18. Vanderbilt 80 Austin Peay 41
20. UConn 100 Maine 56
21. LSU 81 McNeese State 70
22. Baylor 97 Stephen F. Austin 55
23. Purdue 81 North Carolina A&T 40
25. Michigan 70 Northern Michigan 44

Notable Upsets
Georgia 90 Chattanooga 92
Arizona State 63 Sacramento State 66
Illinois 81 North Florida 93
USF 77 Troy 82
Marquette 80 Belmont 83
UCLA 81 Monmouth 84
NC State 68 William & Mary 85
17. Wisconsin 67 Western Illinois 69

Syracuse OOC Opponents
St. Bonaventure 63 Binghamton 53
Charlotte 74 Elon 86
Colgate 66 George Mason 53
St. John's 66 Wagner 57
Cornell 81 Georgia Tech 116
Montana State 76 Hawaii 87
Texas Southern 57 New Mexico 86

Observations:
  • Power Conferences Struggled a bit last night with 8 mid-majors pulling upsets off.
  • Our OCC is 4-5 ( Counting Lehigh) through one day of games
  • For the most part the ACC handled its business going 10-1 against lesser competition
  • Its still very early, but I would not be shocked to see 3 ACC teams in the Final Four
  • My two dark horses that I think could compete for the NC this season are California and LSU. Both teams have a good mix of talent and experience and As the season goes on their young stars will only shine brighter.
  • Maryland is legit this year. They have as much talent on paper as anyone else in the nation. I think they will run away with the Big 10 this year.

Funny. We play Elon and Charlotte back-to-back. Maybe the wrong one is going to the Bahamas.

Observations:
  • Its still very early, but I would not be shocked to see 3 ACC teams in the Final Four
So, other than Syracuse, who are the other two?

Cliff notes on the Terps hype? Stud freshmen? Kenpom didn't have them as a particularly strong 4seed last yr.

Moontan said:
So, other than Syracuse, who are the other two?
Duke, Virginia, and North Carolina can fight it out for the last two spots.

Sucks that Wisconsin lost. Now they will likely be in ranked when we play them and a win will look blah.

Cliff notes on the Terps hype? Stud freshmen? Kenpom didn't have them as a particularly strong 4seed last yr.
They really have a bit of everything this year and 1-5 have a ton of talent.

PG: Melo Trimble (S0) Averaged 16.2ppg, 3.9rpg 3apg while shooting a triple slash of .44/.41/.86. In my opinion he is the best point in the Big 10 and maybe the entire country.

SG: Rasheed Sulaimon (Sr) We are all very familiar with Mr. Sulaimon based on his time at Duke. He is a versatile player and can do a lot of different things to effect the game. He is a great shooter who will keep the floor spaced for the bigs to work down low.

SF: Jake Layman (Sr) Layman is the player we are all hoping Tyler Lydon turns into. He stands 6'9 220 and has a solid stroke from downtown. He isn't afraid to go down low either averaging at least five boards in each of the last two seasons. On defense he uses his length both to get defections as we as to contest and block shots down low. All in all Jake is the glue guy for the Terps and plays the game of basketball the way it should be played

PF: Robert Carter (Jr) Transferring from Georgia Tech after a stellar freshman and sophomore campaign, Carter has the ability to bang with the best down low and is a very good rebounder. Night after night Robert is a threat to put up a double double if he isn't contained. On the other end he will contest his fair share of shots as well.

C: Diamond Stone (Fr) Rounding out the starting five is the highly touted freshman out of Milwaukee. Stone is a physically mature player who is comfortable at his size and uses it very well to his advantage. He won't hesitate to use either hand in the post and if the double comes he will look to find the open man. This time next year I expect him to be playing in the NBA barring any unforeseen injuries.

Hope this helps a bit.:)

Last edited:
I decided to throw together a list of any game that means anything to us this season, or just any score that catches my attention. Feel free to add your own as the season goes on.
Good luck to FGCU this year...big game at Ohio tonight. How are they looking? I plan to drive down late in the season to take in a game. I'll send you a note to coordinate.

Good luck to FGCU this year...big game at Ohio tonight. How are they looking? I plan to drive down late in the season to take in a game. I'll send you a note to coordinate.
Lot of new faces on this years team, but there is a ton of talent. It will be interesting to see what Dooley does. Just tipped and looking a bit slow down 8-4 right now, but one good surprise Antravious Simmons was eligible to play. He wasn't expected until January.

Edit: Heres the game if you want to watch: http://portal.stretchinternet.com/ohio/portal.htm?eventId=251932&streamType=video

11/14/15
ACC
5. Duke 113 Bryant 75
Boston College 75 St Francis (BKN) 49
Virginia Tech 82 Alabama State 85

Top 25
2. Kentucky 87 NJIT 57
24. Butler 144 The Citadel 71

Notable Upsets
Georgetown 80 Radford 82
Virginia Tech 82 Alabama State 85

Syracuse OOC Opponents
Georgetown 80 Radford 82
Montana State 76 Hawaii 87
Texas Southern 70 Creighton 93

Observations
  • Kentucky has not shot the ball well this season only 28% through two games, Murray didn't help last night going 1-10 from deep.
  • Grayson Allen is getting his turn to shine and holy cow he looks good early. He is a more athletic version of JJ Redick.
  • Oh look Georgetown still sucks, I'm so glad somethings never change.
  • ACC takes another bad loss with Va Tech going down to the might Hornets of Alabama State.
  • The Citadel scored 71 points against Butler... Butler scored at least 71 in each half.

Bryant had a nice game for Indiana. 11 points in 19 minutes...4-4 FG...3-4 FT...9 rebs

Damn

Bryant had a nice game for Indiana. 11 points in 19 minutes...4-4 FG...3-4 FT...9 rebs

Damn

Well, without Chinoso we never would have gotten TB... Oh, wait.....

Well, without Chinoso we never would have gotten TB... Oh, wait...
They weren't close they were teammates, the other stuff was media bs. But you wouldn't understand.

Well, without Chinoso we never would have gotten TB... Oh, wait...
i also don't get your point. Do you wish we didn't have Chino? Who else was lining up to be the 3rd center behind Rak and DC2?

Not sure your point...but I've said this 1000x...we did not offer Chino to get Bryant. It did not happen. Ever. Never.

Carry on.

Not saying we did, but it's been mentioned 1000xs that we did and I said it was dumb and got roasted for it.

They weren't close they were teammates, the other stuff was media bs. But you wouldn't understand.

Take a look through the TB recruiting thread.

Not sure what I'm not understanding or why you don't think I'd be capable of understanding as from the beginning I disagreed with "offer CO and have a better chance for TB" crowd.

i also don't get your point. Do you wish we didn't have Chino? Who else was lining up to be the 3rd center behind Rak and DC2?

Yeah, wish we had somebody else. Somebody capable would have had plenty of minutes to play even with a healthy DC.

Yeah, wish we had somebody else. Somebody capable would have had plenty of minutes to play even with a healthy DC.
Who. Chino didnt stop us from getting someone else. SU tried for Bryant and Diagne. Without Chino we would be in worse shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom