Scott Shafer's 26 Hour Recruiting Odyssey | Syracusefan.com

Scott Shafer's 26 Hour Recruiting Odyssey

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
HCSS has been a busy man with signing day just around the corner.

Shafer just got back in town today in time to meet & greet another wave of potential Orangemen.

His travels took him from Syracuse to Fresno.

From there his contingent traveled to Los Angles.

Back aboard a plane and a touchdown in Philly.

After business was finished in the City of Brotherly love it was hop in a car and drive to Maryland and more recruiting.

Then off to Delaware.

On to NYC.

New Jersey was the next stop

Somewhere along the way he attended a coaching clinic and then headed back to the Salt City.

I'm tired just from thinking about all of that travel in such a short amount of time.

Hat's off to our coaching staff for busting their a$$e$ to finish off this recruiting class.

Let's hope there are some fruit to bear for the effort.

Wow, I'm not trying to pile on but did Marrone do this much traveling?

Shafer just got back in town today in time to meet & greet another wave of potential Orangemen.

After business was finished in the City of Brotherly love it was hop in a car and drive to Maryland and more recruiting.

Then off to Delaware.

On to NYC.

Somewhere along the way he attended a coaching clinic and then headed back to the Salt City.

I'm tired just from thinking about all of that travel in such a short amount of time.

Hat's off to our coaching staff for busting their a$$e$ to finish off this recruiting class.

Delaware?

Anyone want to help fill in the blanks?

I'll start with Fresno

Duron Singleton & Donnel Vercher (Chongo Kondolo just commited to Nebraska on the 1st)

How about Los Angeles

CaliCuse :D

The LA kids we were recruiting were Billy Vaughan Jr, Ath Hamilton HS.

Joe Walker Los Angles Harbor JUCO verbaled to Oregon

Cleshawn Page CB LA Harbor JUCO who has committed to Boise St

Johnny Miller LA Harbor has signed a LOI to SU

Anyone want to help fill in the blanks?

I'll start with Fresno

Duron Singleton & Donnel Vercher (Chongo Kondolo just commited to Nebraska on the 1st)
He might be offering some 2014 kids. And giving personal invites to Jr. Day.

Are these travels done on charter flights? I can't imagine doing all that by booking commercial flights and sitting in airports, having flights cancelled, etc.

Are these travels done on charter flights? I can't imagine doing all that by booking commercial flights and sitting in airports, having flights cancelled, etc.
Just thinking the same thing...impossible to do it as commercial flights.

He might be offering some 2014 kids. And giving personal invites to Jr. Day.
I don't think there is enough time right now to do that, he had 26 hours on this trip. What I envision is him making last minute calls to players we are still recruiting and to those kids that have committed but are not signed yet. Sprinkle in an attempted flip here and there.

Then off to Delaware.

On to NYC.

The amazing thing to me is that half of that 26 hours had to be spent in transit. So, between the two cross country flights and all the driving, you have to give HCSS credit for this. One heck of a trip.

Then off to Delaware.

On to NYC.

This guy is a machine with respect to recruiting. So is GM. They clearly are going to go "anywhere" to recruit. In retrospect, the timing of DM's move (via entering the ACC) might be the best thing to happen to the program - talent-wise.

Just thinking the same thing...impossible to do it as commercial flights.

I would assume a private jet. I know that's how the SEC schools handle things. LSU lost a head coach back in the 80s when something happened to the oxygen system on the plane he was on and it headed out to the Atlantic until it ran out of fuel.

Has to be private. It takes me 8 hours of travel time to get to Dallas depending on airline. So much waste time sitting around.

LSU lost a head coach back in the 80s when something happened to the oxygen system on the plane he was on and it headed out to the Atlantic until it ran out of fuel.
Yikes. I didn't know the story of Bo Rein.
30 year-old head coach at UNC, after winning the ACC he moves to LSU at 34, only to die on a recruiting trip before signing day and never coached a game for the Tigers.

A 2-sport athlete at Ohio State, he played triple-A baseball before turning to football coaching thanks to Lou Holtz.

For details: http://www.r*vals.com/content.asp?CID=620289

I would assume a private jet. I know that's how the SEC schools handle things. LSU lost a head coach back in the 80s when something happened to the oxygen system on the plane he was on and it headed out to the Atlantic until it ran out of fuel.
I think that was a pro golfer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom