Scouting Syracuse running backs George Morris II, Devante McFarlane with pair of SU teammates | Syracusefan.com

Scouting Syracuse running backs George Morris II, Devante McFarlane with pair of SU teammates

The speed of Morris in the spring game is etched in my head. He has a gear we've not seen in a while.

When I saw GM at Fort Drum last year, I was shocked that he didn't have bigger offers out of HS. Kid is legit. With both Run DMC and GM, the future is bright in the backfield for SU. Deandre Smith and GMac have to be beyond stoked.

So, did I miss when we all decided George Morris is now the second, and not the third? I thought he was GM III, but now in the article linked he's referred to as GM II, and looking at SUAthletics, they also have him listed as GM II.

Weird.

So, did I miss when we all decided George Morris is now the second, and not the third? I thought he was GM III, but now in the article linked he's referred to as GM II, and looking at SUAthletics, they also have him listed as GM II.

Weird.
He had gm II on his jersey at spring game. I thought it was gm III prior to spring as well.

Weird.

He's the 2nd. There was an article awhile ago about it. I guess he never bothered to correct anyone his freshman year.

Weird.

As arbiter of nicknaming, I now dub him George "The Third" Morris II.

:gavel'd:

The speed of Morris in the spring game is etched in my head. He has a gear we've not seen in a while.
I recall his tapes coming out of high school. Of course, all highlight tapes look good...but I just thought he had something extra special. Reminds me of Robert Smith.

You mean, Kool Kid, that's really taken off.

You seem to be familiar with it.

Also, it's Cool Kid, and I didn't give him that nickname, I just picked up on it and have supported it.

You seem to be familiar with it.

Also, it's Cool Kid, and I didn't give him that nickname, I just picked up on it and have supported it.
Ah...Cool Kid McDonald? That's not his real name?