Screen and roll | Syracusefan.com

Screen and roll

sandman525

Walk On
After having some success using C.J. as the screener against FSU, why did JB go back to exclusively using the bigs as the screener against NC St.? As has been mentioned several times here, running a screen and roll with Christmas is not a great play, and using Keita as the screener is pointless. If teams are going to hedge out hard on Ennis, why not have a roll man who can make them pay?

After having some success using C.J. as the screener against FSU, why did JB go back to exclusively using the bigs as the screener against NC St.? As has been mentioned several times here, running a screen and roll with Christmas is not a great play, and using Keita as the screener is pointless. If teams are going to hedge out hard on Ennis, why not have a roll man who can make them pay?

Great question.

Why give the opposing team the opportunity to double team the ball handler and not fear the screener? CJ setting that screen makes a lot more sense--he's at least capable of making teams play for cheating off the screen and double teaming the ball handler.

Grant set several ball screens tonight. They were largely successful possessions, mainly because he popped off his screen when the defense hard-hedged.

I remember one ball screen with CJ as the screener. The defense switched, and Fair pulled the ball out momentarily to set up Barber for a drive. He drew a foul on the play.

Because that's not what we do. Do you have 900 wins?

*Not serious, just getting it out of the way so nobody else feels compelled

Keita setting the screen makes no sense. We complain about Pitt, but Keitas screens look illegal more often than not, and he's no threat to catch the ball, let alone score.

Christmas is not much of a threat these days either.

I don't get it. It seems it should be Grant or Fair every time.

And as much as I love Ennis, he's no Flynn or even Scoop on the pick and roll. Not really his game at this point. I think he could become very good at it, especially with the right screener, but right how he's just Ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom