screen passes / Wr screens | Syracusefan.com

screen passes / Wr screens

upperdeck

Living Legend
they have been effective. but Sat they were out of whack on almost every one,. even the ones that worked.. How do we keep ending up with back n front of the blockers.. Several of them worked with the Oline not actually blocking anyone..

They are being called at good times, hopefully they get it cleaned up a bit and it will work even better. nice to see it back in the game plan and functioning, Thats a spot our 2 RBs work well.

I noticed we had Jordan in a bunch on the WR screens and that helped a bit.. trying to Use Riley/Johnson to block for them is always going to be an issue. Harris has struggled a bit blocking too.. I like Harris/Jackson though after the catch . both have a bit of wiggle.

Good question for the coaches is why do we never go big when we go 3-4 wide to try and get better size match ups for the screens and the plays in general.

I saw "Jordan" and immediately wondered why we would waste a redshirt year so he could block instead of putting the ball in his hands. Then I remembered we have Cameron Jordan.

There was one we threw to Nykeim and Riley was blocking. It was one of those I don't want to laugh, but how can I not laugh moments during the game.

This is a video of Riley trying to get in front of the DB.

I saw Jordan getting warm up reps I got excited! I know he is light maybe trying to get him ready for acc play ? He maybe the home run threat we need

There was one we threw to Nykeim and Riley was blocking. It was one of those I don't want to laugh, but how can I not laugh moments during the game.

This is a video of Riley trying to get in front of the DB.

Whoever called a charge on that is full of it. He slid into him!!!

I was a little frustrated that we ran so many against WMU and almost zero against Clemson. Where was some of that last week? Also, I'd say about 90% of the time, when our QB lines up under center, it ends up being a WR screen/quick pass. It was pretty predictable.

I saw Jordan getting warm up reps I got excited! I know he is light maybe trying to get him ready for acc play ? He maybe the home run threat we need
At this point don’t you think he’s a RS?

he doesnt make any difference to the results the first 5 games.. its tough to take him on the road with the limited travel limits. the last 4 though and the bowl game all bets are off.. if you use him and he does anything you pretty much have to get him out there then.

maybe he isnt ready anyway

makes sense to but we can use him in 4 games
Yeah we aren't even getting Howard regular carries for now. As much as I want to see Jordan there's no harm in preserving the redshirt and selectively playing him in 4 games at this point.

I was a little frustrated that we ran so many against WMU and almost zero against Clemson. Where was some of that last week? Also, I'd say about 90% of the time, when our QB lines up under center, it ends up being a WR screen/quick pass. It was pretty predictable.

They played tight on the WR to take that away. Usually when teams try that we go deep on them trusting our WR to blow by them. But Clemson

Yeah we aren't even getting Howard regular carries for now. As much as I want to see Jordan there's no harm in preserving the redshirt and selectively playing him in 4 games at this point.
Yeah I ALWAYS forget about the 4 game thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom