scrubbing the bracket | Syracusefan.com

scrubbing the bracket

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
So I am sure the committee has a bracket in place. We hear about scrubbing the bracket-- my question is today about bid stealers affected it, or are they still discussing bubble implications. All this quad 1 vs 2 vs SOS hand wringing is entertaining and provides us with ammo depending on whether we are in our out, but I just wonder if the heavy lifting was done yesterday, and now its seeding and bid stealers. This year it's quite the underwhelming group of teams vying for the last couple spots. should be interesting to see what justifications are used for inclusion... my gut says RPI or "advanced metrics" might play too big a role in separating the bottom.

So I am sure the committee has a bracket in place. We hear about scrubbing the bracket-- my question is today about bid stealers affected it, or are they still discussing bubble implications. All this quad 1 vs 2 vs SOS hand wringing is entertaining and provides us with ammo depending on whether we are in our out, but I just wonder if the heavy lifting was done yesterday, and now its seeding and bid stealers. This year it's quite the underwhelming group of teams vying for the last couple spots. should be interesting to see what justifications are used for inclusion... my gut says RPI or "advanced metrics" might play too big a role in separating the bottom.

When they scrub the teams they move teams up or down. The bracket isn't done until 3 or 4 tommorrow

It's quite likely all been determined at this point (in terms of the field getting in). Most teams on the bubble were done before yesterday.

There was rumours on Thursday that they were discussing Oklahoma St, Utah and Notre Dame. That was probably in retrospect to determine if they would become part of the bubble group that would be dissected.

It's quite likely all been determined at this point (in terms of the field getting in). Most teams on the bubble were done before yesterday.

There was rumours on Thursday that they were discussing Oklahoma St, Utah and Notre Dame. That was probably in retrospect to determine if they would become part of the bubble group that would be dissected.
FWIW Andy Katz had reported 12 at-large teams were still being discussed as of this morning and something like 35 were in. One thing I do know is that they usually always re-look on Sunday at an extended field of teams to check what they have (or so the chair usually says in post bracket interviews).

That 35 likely includes at least 6 teams that will get auto bid

FWIW Andy Katz had reported 12 at-large teams were still being discussed as of this morning and something like 35 were in. One thing I do know is that they usually always re-look on Sunday at an extended field of teams to check what they have (or so the chair usually says in post bracket interviews).

They have often stated that the field was fully selected by Saturday (and sometimes even on Friday) They clean the bracket up on Sunday.

If I just heard the committee chair right, they are currently discussing 8 teams for 3 spots.

If we're one of the 8, I like our odds with the SOS and overall consistency of mediocrity, compared to other teams. This season seems so comprehensive that subsequent seasons should be easier to determine after folks reverse engineer things(assuming you can trust the explanations given). Im prepared for either way, this time.