Sean Woods would have never been suspended | Syracusefan.com

Sean Woods would have never been suspended

SouthernCuse

Starter
Morehead St. coach would have never been suspended if ESPN had not replayed that clip of him and his player 40 times.

He went a little Bobby Knight on his point guard. He deserves the suspension, but I don't know, seems so arbitrary, ESPN cause of the week.

Morehead St. coach would have never been suspended if ESPN had not replayed that clip of him and his player 40 times.

He went a little Bobby Knight on his point guard. He deserves the suspension, but I don't know, seems so arbitrary, ESPN cause of the week.

Nothing wrong with getting your point across,but that jerk humiliated that kid. He was in tears on the bench. They could fire this idiot and I think it would be justified.

Woods would never have been suspended if he didn't push his player around repeatedly while yelling at him ... just saying.

Not to mention, he did a lousy job coaching his team whgen he went backl to yell at the kid. The first time, okay. The second time, out of control.

The guy was probably thrilled to have his team playing Kentucky on ESPN.
All the more reason he should have kept his cool instead of embarrassing himself and his school and possibly impairing his own career.

It didn't look any worse to me than when Jim Calhoun really lit into Jeremy Lamb during Big East Tournament in 2011. I was sitting directly behind Jeremy in the front row (SU tickets, oddly enough; Tomcat was with me), and it felt like Calhoun was in MY face. He used every four-letter word in the book and was terribly abusive to the kid. The difference, I guess, is that it happened while play was in progress and therefore was not televised 40 times by ESPN).

It was over the top. Especially how he kept following him around. I'm sure the verbage was foul also. Just too much. No brainer.

You know, I think that anytime one of these incidents gets publicized, the better. Im sure the OP is correct and that many, many such incidents take place and we never hear or know about it. But rather than use that as an excuse for Wood's actions, I think it we should use it to highlight how insane and megalomaniacal some of these coaches are. Many of them do not appear to be normal humans. Many are not well rounded but have lived life in a bubble, going from school boy star athlete, to college player, and then on to some post grad bball position before getting their chance, finally, as the head honcho who can then unleash the abuse they used to receive unto others.

In no other endeavor would such behavior and abuse not result in immediate firing save for the military (where you sort of sign up for this type of treatment..and it is likely necessary to keep order) .

You can call me soft or say that things are not as they used to be and I would say THANK GOD they arent as they used to be. The reason these incidents between coach and player (much like parent /child or teacher/student) are magnified now is because we have evolved (well most of us). Most humans realize that humiliating subordinates in position, age, or physical stature is not OK.

Shouting like an idiot at a kid because he didnt do what you wanted him to do only makes YOU look like the immature moron who should be the target of the invective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom