Season ticketholders question.. | Syracusefan.com

Season ticketholders question..

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
Have tickets been received yet? I ordered tickets from someone on stubhub for the NW game and it says they won't be received by me until 8/29. I have to imagine you all have your tickets now, no? Not sure why the delay in mailing my tickets to me.

Not yet.

Takes a while to be shipped from the printer in India.

They should be getting here soon...BTW, you can usually get a much better deal asking for tickets on the board.

Mine haven't arrived either! I believe Mark said that he got an e-mail saying they'll go out next week (fingers crossed).

EDIT: Just checked my SPAM folder and looks like I received the same e-mail:
August 14, 2012
Dear SU Season Ticket Holder -
We want to let you know that your SU Football season tickets and parking should be arriving in the mail early next week. We encourage you to look through them once received to verify that everything is in order.
Please call our box office with any questions you may have (1-888-DOMETIX).
The Carrier Dome Box Office

Just seems idiotic to me that they would wait so close to the first game to distribute these.

I received email on Tuesday 8/14 saying tickets were being sent out early next week.

i would think they get the best deal with mailing in bulk so the longer they wait the less it costs to send out the tickets.. probably saves quite a bit of money spread over that many sets of tickets.

I never got my "STH" bumper sticker last year, and am still bitter. I better get double goodies this year. :cool:

i would think they get the best deal with mailing in bulk so the longer they wait the less it costs to send out the tickets.. probably saves quite a bit of money spread over that many sets of tickets.
I cannot imagine it would have that much of an effect. I would assume that the real effect would only be realized on new season ticket holders as I believe renewing STH were required to do so before a certain date. Therefore, I would ascertain that to delay the release really would only have a small impact on the overall cost.

Lets say they are mailing out 10K season ticket packages. They probably are having the mail prep done outside of the school. The would save on the prep and the mailing rates in bulk that the USPS offers. The more they send in a mailing the bigger the discount. They could easily save .50 a piece on this in prep alone. presorting and downsize the package will save as well.

They usually send out the tickets a couple weeks before the season starts. I also received the email stating they would be sent out next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom