Seattle Pacific is DIRTY | Syracusefan.com

Seattle Pacific is DIRTY

DeGrozz

All American
That is all.

Edit: Sarcasm - they just beat Arizona in an exhibition. Just caught the end of it looking for the Rice/Houston game on the fox sports package.

and yet there is nothing on ESPN. When we lost to LeMoyne it was front page news.

Arizona had the luxury of losing an exhibition on the same night as one of the greatest World Series games of all time.

As I remember, our game with Lemoyne hit on a very slow news cycle.

World Series? What in the world is that?Baseball is the ONE sport i just CAN NOT watch.I think i would rather have bamboo shoved under my fingernails than watch or listen to that game/sport/bedtime story.

If you saw last night's game you might realize why baseball is a tremendous game, especially tense elimination games.
The pace of play actually heightens the drama.

LOL, pace of the game?the game of baseball sux. I truly hate the guy that came of with this sleeping pill.

LOL, pace of the game?the game of baseball sux. I truly hate the guy that came of with this sleeping pill.

I don't care for baseball either but you have to be careful what you post, dude. First of all, it's spelled 'sucks.' The game absolutely does not suck. I just am not entertained the way I am with hoops and football.

I remember years ago in Sports Illistrated Rick Riley broke down the game /hobby/snoozefest of baseball.I think he came up with like 15 minutes or something of actual action.The other 3 hours was the guy fixing his hat,batter stepping out the box,spitting,grabbing crotch,playing catch,trying to get the guy on base out 10 times in a row, arguing with ump.etc...

I can watch pretty much any college/pro football or any college/pro basketball game and be entertained. As far as baseball goes, I am a Yankee fan and besides Yankee games and the playoffs I would rather watch paint dry than a random baseball game. Agreed baseball is extremely boring and that is why football is head and shoulders above all sports and now the NBA has become more popular than MLB, however last night's game was insane.

160 games at almost 4 hrs a game is nonsense.The game of baseball will always SUCK in my OPINION.

That's about all FB has, if that
120 plays at 5 seconds snap to whistle, on avg. is 10 minutes.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Then they need to start hitting each other with the bats to make it more interesting.

That's about all FB has, if that
120 plays at 5 seconds snap to whistle, on avg. is 10 minutes.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

At least something happens in those 5 seconds lol. Ground ball, pop fly...OMGGGGG BASE HITTTT.

FOUL,FOUL,FOUL,FOUL,fix hat,fix crotch,FOUL,FOUL,try to throw the guy out at 1st.Look left,look right.look left, FOUL.UGH

160 games at almost 4 hrs a game is nonsense.The game of baseball will always SUCK in my OPINION.

I'm glad this post about a basketball game turned into your soapbox speech about baseball.

NAH,sorry. don't know how that happened.

it started up above with the Arizona thing.My shrink tells me i have a problem with things that make me sleep.So i take ridelin during baseball season.

I like what Andy Katz pointed out on Twitter today. We lost to LeMoyne, it was national news. Arizona loses to Seattle Pacific, and there's barely a peep.

Didn't realize it was Katz that said that.cool
CUSE>>>>>arizona

I love baseball, but last night was the first WS game that I watched since the Yankees final game. If the Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox aren't in it, the majority of the nation could really care less.

That is all.

Edit: Sarcasm - they just beat Arizona in an exhibition. Just caught the end of it looking for the Rice/Houston game on the fox sports package.
They probably get a 3 seed :rolling:

I generally get bored by baseball but when the stakes are high no sport produces greater tension. For comparison, a close basketball game with high stakes features timeouts every change of possession and intentional fouling. And the lack of a clock in baseball means that all action is initiated by player action which adds to the tension as well.

I like what Andy Katz pointed out on Twitter today. We lost to LeMoyne, it was national news. Arizona loses to Seattle Pacific, and there's barely a peep.

No, I said that. Look above.

Maybe Katz is stealing my posts. ;)

I generally get bored by baseball but when the stakes are high no sport produces greater tension. For comparison, a close basketball game with high stakes features timeouts every change of possession and intentional fouling. And the lack of a clock in baseball means that all action is initiated by player action which adds to the tension as well.
and you're singled out... give up a homer and it's on the pitcher... strike out and it's on the batter whereas give-up a 20 yd run and the whole defense is at fault

I remember years ago in Sports Illistrated Rick Riley broke down the game /hobby/snoozefest of baseball.I think he came up with like 15 minutes or something of actual action.The other 3 hours was the guy fixing his hat,batter stepping out the box,spitting,grabbing crotch,playing catch,trying to get the guy on base out 10 times in a row, arguing with ump.etc...

I bet if you broke down a football game, you would have a pretty low amount of action as well. I work with several Europeans and they claim American Football is completely unwatchable due to all of the downtime and play stoppages. To the uneducated (as far as the sport), most sports are fairly boring to watch. If you played a lot of baseball, you would be aware that there is a lot more going on in the game than what you see through the t.v. cameras.

You also need to consider that Rick Reilly is a humorist and he is going to highlight and embellish in order to make his column funny and readable. Great storytellers rarely give a straight account of what actually happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom