Second best player | Syracusefan.com

Second best player

20plus

2nd String
Coming into the season I assumed that Q or Carey could take the identity of the second best player on this team.
Up to this point that is obviously not the case. I think by seasons end it could happen but not right now.

Who is currently our second best player in your opinion?

Who do you want or do we need to be our second best player?

I think our second best player is Marek!

I like the second question a lot. If we could pick one player to improve over the season, who would help us get the most wins? Either JG or QG would be good choices. If JG can navigate the ACC gauntlet with the same assist/TO ratio, and clutch play, it would really help. We also need tons of help on the boards and inside, so QG is a very fine choice for that reason

Q provides muscle and the inside presence we need. He has a lot of fire in his belly. (He also falls flat on his back more than any other player I have seen who is not taking a charge. I am afraid one day he won’t get up!)

Eli, Joe, Buddy and Marek are already very good. So I vote for Guerrier especially if he can get off his derrière!

Tough question, likely varies depending upon the match up, but ignoring such things, Marek. He has the most diverse set of skills in his tool box to work with. Overall, he has a bit more size, and floor game, and passes the ball pretty well when compared to others - might not win a shooting competition, but in all other regards the most complete player.

As to the second question, I don't think it matters. I mean, if Sidibe could transition into a monster on the boards and show a semblance of offensive skill, him. Are we allowed to vote along those lines? Otherwise, if I can't magically transform anyone, it would likely have to be Goodine with this roster. Can Carey come back?

Coming into the season I assumed that Q or Carey could take the identity of the second best player on this team.
Up to this point that is obviously not the case. I think by seasons end it could happen but not right now.

Currently I think Buddy is our second player.

We need Marek to be our second best player. Marek needs to look to attacked the rim off the bounce every time he gets the ball. His passing ability is natural and attacking the rim will force people to guard him opening up easier shots for teammates.

Tough question, likely varies depending upon the match up, but ignoring such things, Marek. He has the most diverse set of skills in his tool box to work with. Overall, he has a bit more size, and floor game, and passes the ball pretty well when compared to others - might not win a shooting competition, but in all other regards the most complete player.

As to the second question, I don't think it matters. I mean, if Sidibe could transition into a monster on the boards and show a semblance of offensive skill, him. Are we allowed to vote along those lines? Otherwise, if I can't magically transform anyone, it would likely have to be Goodine with this roster. Can Carey come back?
I read the second question as something that can realistically happen. If Sidibe turned into Anthony Davis, that would be fantastic, but has a .000001% chance of happening. That is why I leaned more towards the freshman. Marek has shown flashes of doing more, but I have less confidence in a major transformation

I would take Junior year Tyler Roberson numbers from Sidibe.

JB absolutely destroyed Roberson publicly his Senior year. He hasn’t been as harsh on Sidibe which is actually good.

probably doesn’t expect as much from him tbh...anyway Doley is our 2nd best player, but we need more from him.

I will give my answers relative to who I think is "most important", not necessarily who is best.

Now - Marek (not based on stats, but overall effort)
Hopefully by end of year - Guerrier

Currently I think Buddy is our second player.

We need Marek to be our second best player. Marek needs to look to attacked the rim off the bounce every time he gets the ball. His passing ability is natural and attacking the rim will force people to guard him opening up easier shots for teammates.
It's hard to tell with Marek, because he seems to like to operate in open spaces, and he use the element of surprise when he goes to the rim.

It's hard to tell with Marek, because he seems to like to operate in open spaces, and he use the element of surprise when he goes to the rim.
He is very good in transition, he needs to attack in the half court.

It's clearly Buddy. I wish that other players had stepped up so we didn't need to rely on him so much this soon - players like Guerrier, who I thought could match Brissett, and Carey, who we needed for defense at the top of the zone, and some speed and distribution (?) on the fast break.

Marek has taken a big step forward this year, but we just don't seem like we have a complete team when you watch them on the floor.

Agree with Buddy.

You can fit Buddy as the second best guard defender on most teams, but you cant fit dolezaj as the 3rd best scorer on most teams. Girard would still be no better than a 3rd best scorer even as a sg on most teams. Although that could change later in the season if he picks up the one on one scoring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom