Sections 303 and 304 | Syracusefan.com

Sections 303 and 304

stuckinbig11

All American
Anybody know why they were empty, yet folks were seated out in the wings beyond them?

A photograph of sections 302-304 taken at 1:00 p.m. today should be shown to anyone who criticizes the athletic department for not reserving more 100-level seating as a student section.

A photograph of sections 302-304 taken at 1:00 p.m. today should be shown to anyone who criticizes the athletic department for not reserving more 100-level seating as a student section.

It was sorority pledging this weekend, which takes out a huge amount of girls who would've otherwise been there. 1 pm start didn't help either.

It was sorority pledging this weekend, which takes out a huge amount of girls who would've otherwise been there. 1 pm start didn't help either.

Yeah, I noted the Greek thing, I guess not in this post though. (The 1:00 p.m. thing doesn't seem a compelling reason, unless it's to suggest that the non-diehard Syracuse students are lazier than their counterparts at other schools.)

SU doesn't do a great job of managing its event schedule. Too many times there is a popular conflict with a basketball or football game - there should be a way to allow kids to pledge without missing a big basketball game.

just what does SU have to do with pledging? just how many girls were pledging that also would have gone to the game? the game time was known months ago, seems like if it was a big deal with the girls the Greeks could have worked around it..

just what does SU have to do with pledging? just how many girls were pledging that also would have gone to the game? the game time was known months ago, seems like if it was a big deal with the girls the Greeks could have worked around it..
Our Greek life works around no one's schedule but their own.

Sorry, I didn't mean SU in an official capacity, more in the "Syracuse University community" sense. Pan-Hell shouldn't have the girls choosing between pledging and going to the game. The College of Law shouldn't have students choosing between going to the charity auction and going to whatever Friday night football game that was a couple months ago, or between playing in the charity dodgeball tournament and going to the St. John's game this weekend.

At many schools, the games are the big event and events are planned around them. At Syracuse, there's always some excuse for students to miss games. It's unfortunate.

Probably hundreds. All current sorority girls had to be at their houses, and then any girls pledging (a huge amount of freshmen/sophomores) were gone as well. It was probably a good section's worth, a ton of those girls go to the games.

Speaking as a current SU student, there were TONS of girls running around doing the sorority thing lol. Too bad too because it was a great turnout with the exception of those two sections. And regarding the laziness of SU students with the 1 PM start time, I personally didn't get to sleep until about 5 AM so I actually considered going to the game late (and I consider myself to be a huge fan). Having said that, I ended up waking up at like 10 AM and ran down to the dome and sat in the 4th row in the blue chairs (and got my face smack dab on the center of ESPN's camera lol).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom