Seems that ESPN is totally Avoiding 'Cuse BBall | Syracusefan.com

Seems that ESPN is totally Avoiding 'Cuse BBall

arbitragegls

All Conference
...Louisville, Kentucky, NCState and Ohio State seem to be the darlings of press stories by ESPN. Couple this with a lack of commits from '13 and the 'Cuse bball program is being buried under propaganda supporting other teams.
I believe we have a very strong team this year...so wondering what the heck is going on. Please provide you view of all this

...Louisville, Kentucky, NCState and Ohio State seem to be the darlings of press stories by ESPN. Couple this with a lack of commits from '13 and the 'Cuse bball program is being buried under propaganda supporting other teams.
I believe we have a very strong team this year...so wondering what the heck is going on. Please provide you view of all this
Well, we did lose four important (and excellent) players and that's all some people see at first glance. No doubt we will have a very solid team, but I'm okay with flying under the radar until that becomes evident to all. And come on arbit, you're too smart to suggest there is some media conspiracy at work here.

I like when we come in under the radar...we will be better then l'ville by mid season. Espn just wants to say "told you so" if one of the preseason paper darlings make it to the final four

Clearly, its a conspiracy. I don't know about you but I am closing my blinds and pulling the curtains down. Better safe than sorry.

Let them all get the pre-season press. It's March when it counts to get the press.

It's a countdown if you look in depth. We'll be featured soon. Something to do with Lunardi's predicted top four or five seeds in each region for this coming tourney.

It's a countdown if you look in depth. We'll be featured soon. Something to do with Lunardi's predicted top four or five seeds in each region for this coming tourney.
correct, and the fact is, ESPN really likes SU. They have us 2nd in the BE behind Louisville (a close second,as they love our talent but worry about the experience, which won't be an issue in March), and Lunardi has us as a 2 seed in the east playing in Philly/DC, which is a virtual 1 seed draw

When you have three mcdonalds all americans, and guys as advertised as Triche, and CJ there isn't to much to worry about. Southerland adds another senior and Cooney adds another sharpshooter that can make those looking for a team to watch jump aboard. We have 3 sophmores (2 are Mcd's AA) who will make a huge jump this year, and four upperclassmen.

Really on paper I don't think we are behind last years OSU, Duke or UNC teams preseason.
The Best part. As for Preseason people will know our players. Its when they don't I worry.

did he say the sky is falling
I'll put this here.

One day the first grade teacher was reading the story of Chicken Little to the class. She came to the part where Chicken Little warns the farmer. She read, "...and Chicken Little went up the farmer and said, 'The sky is falling!'" The teacher then asked the class, "And what do you think that farmer said?" One little girl raised her hand and answered, "I think he said, 'Holy ! A talking chicken!'" The teacher was unable to teach for the next ten minutes.

All of our Final Four years started with few preseason accolades. Remember "Unranked to #1"?

Do not sweat it. Let them hype Louisville.

I don't know how but I'm convinced Gottlieb's behind this!
Gottlieb is very high on SU because he thinks we have the most talent in the league

This doesn't bother me at all. On paper, we lost a TON of talent from last year's squad, including multiple key performers--Scoop Jardine [the floor general who did a great job taking care of the ball while orchestrating our powerful offensive attack], Dion Waiters [#4 pick in the draft], Kris Joseph [leading scorer], and Fab Melo [the key component on defense].

What posters on this forum recognize since we follow the team more closely than most is that we have a lot of talent in reserve, with several key players more than capable [fingers crossed] of filling those shoes. But to the rest of college hoops fans, I'd look at SU and probably not be as bully on our outlook. It has nothing to do with disrespect and everything to do with most of our young talent being fairly unknown quantities.

If players like MCW, Rak, CJ, and Coleman emerge, we might not skip a beat. I also think that Brandon Triche is more than capable of having a better senior year than KJ did, and will probably lead a balanced team in scoring. I'm 100% fine with us being ranked low top 25--that can quickly change, just like it did in 09-10.

What posters on this forum recognize since we follow the team more closely than most is that we have a lot of talent in reserve, with several key players more than capable [fingers crossed] of filling those shoes. But to the rest of college hoops fans, I'd look at SU and probably not be as bully on our outlook .

Agree but I think for the sake of conversation alot of non SU fans will know us this year.
The majority of those who follow hoops recruiting outside their team would know the names Triche, Fair and All Americnas MCW, Dajuan, Christmas. They also would know Cooney and Grant from under 18 world games if they followed. And Baye played at Oak Hill. We have 3-5 guys that have the preseason potential to fully take over a game on offense this year. Also we were ranked number 1 or 2 for half the season 2 of the last 3 years with one of the best coaches in basketball.

To repost what I had before. IMO on paper to the unbiased college basketball world we are just as tough if not tougher then last years UNC, Duke and OSU teams preseason. Thats sitting pretty
cool.png

it looks like SU is scheduled to be highlighted next Wednesday 9/26

Everyone knows ESPN gets their least amount of traffic on Wednesdays.

Well the nice part of is that basketball has a playoff and it's not a beauty pageant like in college football where teams are "selected".

It's the offseason. The only real hoops chatter is about fake classes, corrupt recruiters, arrested players and jewelry payments. Glad we aren't part of that this time around.

It's the offseason. The only real hoops chatter is about fake classes, corrupt recruiters, arrested players and jewelry payments. Glad we aren't part of that this time around.

our drama didnt start till the season started though, hope I didnt jinx us