Seems to be a chemistry problem | Syracusefan.com

Seems to be a chemistry problem

Even when he gets the ball and has an open look he's beyond indecisive. And I'd freeze him out a bit too when he starts his drives that seem to take 8 seconds to develop and end in a wild missed layup or turnover.

It's part of it, but it mostly seems to be an offense coaching problem to me

Even when he gets the ball and has an open look he's beyond indecisive. And I'd freeze him out a bit too when he starts his drives that seem to take 8 seconds to develop and end in a wild missed layup or turnover.
Two underhand scoop shots. Not one. Two. Two underhand scoop shots.

What the heck is going on!? I just stared wide eyed when he did that. Twice.

It's part of it, but it mostly seems to be an offense coaching problem to me

Possibly part of it, but bad coaching doesn't force players to have stone hands (See DC, PC, TR, etc...) and miss bad shots.

Well on the plus side...at this rate, we won't be losing Lydon to the NBA. The way this team is playing the only players moving on are the seniors...

Possibly part of it, but bad coaching doesn't force players to have stone hands (See DC, PC, TR, etc...) and miss bad shots.
DC has stone hands?

Coaching is about playing to your personnel's strengths by putting them in positions to succeed, motivating, and adjusting based on inevitable or sometimes unpredictable factors that occur during games or throughout the year. And TEACHING.

Well on the plus side...at this rate, we won't be losing Lydon to the NBA. The way this team is playing the only players moving on are the seniors...

Haven't seen anything from the 'returning' players to necessarily give me comfort about next year. In fact, right now I think next year can actually be worse -- much worse -- than what I am seeing this year. And this year is downright horrific.

Looked like Lydon is getting frozen out.
No, Lydon is getting plenty of touches, he's just overthinking things on offense. He's seems to be either passing up decent looks or forcing things early in the shot clock. It's a different mindset when you are expected to be one of the primary scorers (ask C.J. Fair or Kris Joseph), and it sometimes takes a while to adjust and feel comfortable. Some guys never quite get there, but I believe Lydon will.

Listened to JB's interview on TK99 driving into the office this morning and he say's we are playing tight.

Maybe we should get Coach Bryan, the "it's supposed to be fun" coach from Everybody Loves Raymond who had no problem with Jeffrey going around in circles in mid-court or a kid asking for a snack in the middle of the game. I can just see Gillon chasing Andrew White around the Dome next game with his hands coming out of the bottom of his shorts

Maybe we should get Coach Bryan, the "it's supposed to be fun" coach from Everybody Loves Raymond who had no problem with Jeffrey going around in circles in mid-court or a kid asking for a snack in the middle of the game. I can just see Gillon chasing Andrew White around the Dome next game with his hands coming out of the bottom of his shorts
Bruh... Almost spit my coffee out all over my keyboard

What you're calling a chemistry problem to those of us that understand basketball we are calling it a talent problem - can't play with Howard at PG

What you're calling a chemistry problem to those of us that understand basketball we are calling it a talent problem - can't play with Howard at PG
Battle at PG and move Howard to 2G? Didn't Battle want to play point coming out of high school?

Battle at PG and move Howard to 2G? Didn't Battle want to play point coming out of high school?

Battle can't get to the basket without being called for a charge or turning it over. What makes you think he can be a PG?

Who on this roster would you suggest fill those 40 minutes?

Battle can't get to the basket without being called for a charge or turning it over. What makes you think he can be a PG?
We don't have any PG's so I'm just trying to pick the 2G who can play PG better?

This take confuses me. Maybe people critical of certain players could be more specific: what can't Howard do that our point guard needs to do?

(OK - finish. Though we haven't had a point guard who can finish reliably since 2012. But I'll grant that he's done that badly.)

This take confuses me. Maybe people critical of certain players could be more specific: what can't Howard do that our point guard needs to do?

(OK - finish. Though we haven't had a point guard who can finish reliably since 2012. But I'll grant that he's done that badly.)

Agreed here. But I also think he will eventually make a bunch of those shots at the bucket. I hope...

Seth Greenberg had a tweet about passing on time and on target and how Syracuse does neither right now. When players get open, our ballhandlers either don't see them or don't see them in time. This can and should improve... I hope.

Agreed here. But I also think he will eventually make a bunch of those shots at the bucket. I hope...

He is shooting 44% at the rim. Just about what Cooney shot last season. Which is, as far as I can tell, the worst any regular has shot since they've kept these records. Worse than Ennis's and Joseph's putrid numbers. Worse than Carter-Williams, whose dunking ability almost covered up the coin flip that was his layup mechanics.

Howard's fairly athletic, so he should improve. It's bad now, though. Pretty surprised by this.

Looked like Lydon is getting frozen out.

Right now, Lydon is passing up shots he should take, and taking shots he should pass up. Bilas made a big deal about DC not passing the ball to Lydon when he took (and made) that 18 footer. Honestly, I feel more comfortable with DC taking that shot than having him pass to Lydon in that position, given how poor Lydon has been around the basket recently.

He is shooting 44% at the rim. Just about what Cooney shot last season. Which is, as far as I can tell, the worst any regular has shot since they've kept these records. Worse than Ennis's and Joseph's putrid numbers. Worse than Carter-Williams, whose dunking ability almost covered up the coin flip that was his layup mechanics.

Howard's fairly athletic, so he should improve. It's bad now, though. Pretty surprised by this.

i thought the worst of Howard's lot last night was the one he tried to dunk. he could have laid that in easily and still gotten the foul. turn a miss into a 3-point play plus a foul on the other teams big man. he has to be smarter and better.

Listened to JB's interview on TK99 driving into the office this morning and he say's we are playing tight.
he should call up Slick Rick and see if he has any ideas to help these guys relax before the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom