Selection Committee | Syracusefan.com

Selection Committee

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
Caught some of the St. Bonaventure game on TV and saw that they are 9-1, yet they really haven’t played anyone. I have no idea how the NCAA selection committee is going to compare teams and pick the at-large teams. There’s going to be more controversy than ever IMO. Going to be very interesting, especially with those last few spots with bubble teams.

This is going to be the toughest year ever for the committee. They are going to have to take covid pauses into.account as well as injuries.

Both things could definitely help us.

I think teams from non power conferences will get the benefit of the doubt. They didn’t get a chance to prove themselves against power 5 teams. If your middle of the pack in a power 5 league you had opportunities and if you didn’t get it done, too bad.

I think teams from non power conferences will get the benefit of the doubt. They didn’t get a chance to prove themselves against power 5 teams. If your middle of the pack in a power 5 league you had opportunities and if you didn’t get it done, too bad.
Maybe. On the other hand, the NCAA didn't have a tournament last year. So, no money from said tournament. They might want/need to make more money this time. And that doesn't translate well for small schools with small following.

Maybe. On the other hand, the NCAA didn't have a tournament last year. So, no money from said tournament. They might want/need to make more money this time. And that doesn't translate well for small schools with small following.
You may be right. Money talks.

I think it’s the opposite. A middling P5 team that goes .500 in conference but has 2 top 25 wins will get the benefit of the doubt as opposed to someone like the Bonnies

Personally, I feel like it's going to be down to who's left and who actually wants to keep playing.
Yeah. It might be a semi-volunteer field.

If selection matters it would help us for Sidibe to return and have a few strong game results with him to spruce up the appearances of the resume and what team we would really bring in.

None of the talking heads have us in the tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom