Selection Show question | Syracusefan.com

Selection Show question

obliterata

always in chronological order
Before they reveal the bracket do they mention how many bids each conference received? Specifically, each conference that got multiple bids. I seem to remember them doing that at least once in the past but I'm not sure.

If they do we may know SU's fate before they show the bracket:

10 ACC bids would mean both SU and WF got in.
8 would mean neither got in.
9 would mean one or the other got a bid. In that case, as soon as WF appears in a bracket we're done for.

I wish I could remember.

Before they reveal the bracket do they mention how many bids each conference received? Specifically, each conference that got multiple bids. I seem to remember them doing that at least once in the past but I'm not sure.

9 would mean one or the other got a bid. In that case, as soon as WF appears in a bracket we're done for.

I wish I could remember.

No they start by revealing the 4 number 1 seeds and then they just go game by game, bracket by bracket. So, unless it gets leaked in advance like last year we have to sweat it out

Thanks, it really wouldn't make sense to do so. Must be my aging memory.

Yeah. I remember in 2011 we didn't know that the Big East got 11 teams in until they started revealing the brackets and you saw how the teams were placed.

Yeah. I remember in 2011 we didn't know that the Big East got 11 teams in until they started revealing the brackets and you saw how the teams were placed.
Correct - if we start seeing RD of 32 games where ACC teams face off, we are in good shape.

Watch where bubble teams are seeded it will tell you what the committee thinks of each conference.
If the 4 BE bubble teams are in safely we are in trouble.
Where Purdue and Wisconsin are seeded will tell you if Big Ten bubble teams are safe.
Where Baylor is will affect Kansas state.
Where Florida is will affect Vanderbilt.

I think it comes down to this - Providence, Wake, USC, Kansas St, Syracuse or Rhode Island / USC loser, 6 spots, 5 teams.

1. Every time you see one of those teams not called Syracuse get on the scream you yell some curse word.
2. If you see Illinois St come up on the screen you curse at least five times.
3. If you see some longshot like 2016 Tulsa get in (i.e Georgia, Illinois), you punch the wall.

In terms of those individual teams
- If you see the ACC is getting better seeds than expected and the B12 is getting a line lower than expected, than that is good for Syracuse and bad for Kansas St. But one of those 2 will probably be announced before we see the trend.
- It's hard to gauge anything from USC and Pac-12. There is such a huge gap.

I wish I could remember.

no they don't do that until after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom