Sell me on Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Sell me on Syracuse

skurey

Living Legend
Say you're hiring a new coach for the basketball team. What do we have going for us that would make a good/great coach want to come here?

1. Biggest crowds in the country

Say you're hiring a new coach for the basketball team. What do we have going for us that would make a good/great coach want to come here?

1. Biggest crowds in the country

Very good practice facility.
Very strong tradition and brand name.
Best league in the country.
Located a reasonable distance from a lot of major cities with major talent.

1. Biggest crowds in the country[/b

2. ACC

3. Brand / reputation

After 3 years of Hop losing, it'll be easy to be the white night - a name coach will want to come in. Kinda like Sean Miller at 'Zona. Or Roy at UNC.

After 3 years of Hop losing, it'll be easy to be the white night - a name coach will want to come in. Kinda like Sean Miller at 'Zona. Or Roy at UNC.
It's not even Hop's fault but his association with JB makes me want no part of him.

We need new blood. Not 3 more years of suck and then new blood.

"Maybe" if Hop disavows everything that defines Cuse basketball lately: the lack of creativity on offense, only playing zone, only recruiting to the zone and only recruiting regionally, I'll be ok with giving him a chance. Without that, I'm thoroughly disgusted with the recent trajectory and philosophy of this program.

I've said it before that we should at least give Hop a chance. However, if I were a good coach somewhere (top league or mid major) I would "JUMP" at the chance to coach here. Wouldn't give it a second thought. Give me at least three years. No brainer in my opinion.

Sell you on Syracuse. Send $ 19.99 today and I'll send you a SU Pennant, two Chia pets (Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton extra), a Slice Right-Melon Slicer, a Ronco Pasta Maker, and Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye autograph. Order now, free shipping !