Semi OT: Stupid Dukie | Syracusefan.com

Semi OT: Stupid Dukie

NKR1978

Living Legend
This is pretty hilarious and somehow encapsulates everything that people hate about Duke in one condescending and meh-ly written letter that calls into question a Duke education since this girl clearly has no clue what the First Amendment is about.

http://deadspin.com/5979830/duke-fan-writes-unbearably-condescending-letter-after-being-harassed-at-duke miami-game

And the unabridged version:

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/i-found-duke-basketball-pride-amid-hurricane-hatre

Jesus that is pure bunk. And Duke fans winder why everyone hates them. Its ok for their fans to act like complete morons and taunt but god forbid it happens to them.

F Duke (and Uconn)

This is pretty hilarious and somehow encapsulates everything that people hate about Duke in one condescending and meh-ly written letter that calls into question a Duke education since this girl clearly has no clue what the First Amendment is about.

Not to nitpick, but I don't think this is what the First Amendment is all about.

Not to nitpick, but I don't think this is what the First Amendment is all about.

They graduated from dook...therefore are smarter and better than you...do not argue with them!!

I was referring to her complaint in the letter that the Miami administrators were violating freedom of speech.

The comment section below the dukechronicle article... priceless

Some excerpts from the comment section:

"Ugh. As a Duke grad, this column is just plain embarrassing. It's people like you that are the reason people think Duke is full of whiny, entitled, spoiled brats. What do you think happens when Carolina, State or Maryland fans come into Cameron?"

"You're kidding, right? You went into a student section as a graduate student of the home team wearing the visiting teams colors and didn't expect to get razzed? Student sections are any school, even your beloved Cameron Crazies, are rude and insufferable to those who wear the opposing teams colors/jerseys in their midst. It's called common sense.
Oh - and I agree with the sentiment below. Cameron Crazies are not the exemplary group you hold in such high esteem. Being rude and insecure are not exclusive to Miami...especially since you decided to write a letter to your undergraduate newspaper."

"I am sorry for your experience, but as a Wake grad who attended Duke Law and went to several games decked out in Wake gear, I can assure you that the Cameron Crazies are not the class act you make them out to be in this article (I also have to say that passing out cheer sheets does not make a fan base "witty")."

I think this may be the winner:

Michelle: "OMG they talked about penises! I am so offended."
Friend: "I know, right? Ugh...stiff penises and pizza. I'm never going back there again."
Michelle: "Wait, what are penises? My enriched Duke undergraduate experience didn't expose me to those"

I was referring to her complaint in the letter that the Miami administrators were violating freedom of speech.

Yeah, I misread it.

Michelle: "OMG they talked about penises! I am so offended."
Friend: "I know, right? Ugh...stiff penises and pizza. I'm never going back there again."
Michelle: "Wait, what are penises? My enriched Duke undergraduate experience didn't expose me to those"

Karen Owen begs to differ.

http://deadspin.com/5652280/the-ful...thesis-from-a-former-female-student/gallery/1

So let me get this straight. The author (a female Duke graduate) is sickened by, amongst other things, the fact that the Miami students made comments on the size of her penis?

I don't really see the problem. Maybe if it wasn't so big, they wouldn't notice it to comment on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom