Senior Day for Ron Patterson. Nice article about his journey | Syracusefan.com

Senior Day for Ron Patterson. Nice article about his journey

Patterson turned 25 years old last month... how is that possible? Post-grad year, redshirt year, held back in grade school for athletic advantage?

Patterson turned 25 years old last month... how is that possible? Post-grad year, redshirt year, held back in grade school for athletic advantage?

Well he started the season at 24 , spent a year at prep school, a year sitting out so he would have been 22 going on 23 his last college year otherwise. Not that unusual.

I feel like we did this kid dirty.. in fact that whole class...
Indiana did him dirty from the sound of it.

At Syracuse, he never found his groove. If he could've shot better, things would've been different. In that article, he also talked about returning home because he missed seeing his son grow. Can't blame him one bit for that.

Indiana did him dirty from the sound of it.

At Syracuse, he never found his groove. If he could've shot better, things would've been different. In that article, he also talked about returning home because he missed seeing his son grow. Can't blame him one bit for that.

The ironic thing is that he came in with a reputation as a shooter and good defender, who lacked ball handling capabilities. In reality, his sophomore year showed that he was a more well rounded player than that, but not a great defender and a subpar shooter. Too bad -- could have been solid as a bench scorer, he just couldn't throw it in the ocean unfortunately.

Glad things worked out well for him -- he was a hard worker in practice.

I think I shared this story before, but when I went to a practice during preseason prior to the 13-14 season [Patterson's freshman year at SU, the year we started off 25-0], Patterson drew the ire of Boeheim for committing a turnover during a scrimmage. Boeheim was yelling at him, and Patterson just kept responding: "Yes sir, no sir." He was like that the entire practice, with not just JB but also every time one of the assistants gave him instructions.

From what I understand, the coaches respected his work ethic & attitude--he was very coach-able--it just didn't quite connect on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom