senior day | Syracusefan.com

senior day

If DC doesn't start, he should definitely get a chance to play a few minutes. The crowd would go nuts as he approaches the scoring table to check in.

I'd like to see DC start one last game at the Dome, but this game has too much riding on it for Syracuse to afford to start him if he's not 100%. I'd expect him to get in if we are up by enough at the end of the game, but I don't think JB would start him just because it's senior day.

(A) djc and TR starting = (B) a SU loss is a false premise . we also COULD be up by 15 at the 1st whistle. no telling.

while (C) factor the crowd goes nuts is a constant. i say roll the dice. 1st 2 minutes is a no lose bet.

Last edited:
I'd like to see DC start one last game at the Dome, but this game has too much riding on it for Syracuse to afford to start him if he's not 100%. I'd expect him to get in if we are up by enough at the end of the game, but I don't think JB would start him just because it's senior day.
We always get off to a slow start...so

We always get off to a slow start...so

It's not just Dajuan Coleman and Tyler Roberson starting that needs to be considered. Starting them both means that Thompson and one of Lydon/White will come in off the bench this game. If we are going to play DC, let's at least play him in the middle of a half to give these guys a quick breather.

I'm fine with Roberson starting over Thompson today and I want to see DC start too, but if we lose this game, we don't make the tourney. It's as simple as that. If DC hasn't been healthy enough to play in the past nine games, do we really want to run the gamble of playing him in meaningful minutes in what is a must-win game if we want to keep our tourney hopes alive?

And starting DC just because we get off to a slow start is no reason to start him. He's not going to help us get off to a faster start. If he could, I think the coaches would've been playing him more this season, but as far as I can tell, DC's knees have really been an issue this season, and it even showed on the court when he played in the non-coference.

dajuan is not on the inactive list and has averaged 6/5 in 16 minutes of play this year. not a big drop off talent wise. not for 2 minutes.

plus it would be a special moment for two kids who put a lot of time and effort into the program .

Last edited:
Roy always does this at UNC senior day. Of course UNC is hardly ever a bubble team.

We play to win the game. Start the starters. Roberson will play. We know that. I have no problem getting DC is to the game if he is able to play.

Starting DC and letting him play for 3 minutes or so, or as long as he's effective, would be a good move IMO. He can grind with Lammers, save our other bigs a couple of fouls, and possibly ignite the crowd. Easy enough to pull him if he's ineffective. Seems like a can't miss, but I'm not the coach.

if was able to play he wouldn't be having so many zero min games.. as JB sat in the pre game show his knees must really be hurting him.

I just watched some Robey highlight videos, when he is on, he is one of the best we've ever had going after the ball. Tough year for him, but I'm glad we've had him for 4 years. I'll never forget being at that first Dome game against Duke and Robey flushing it down in transition his freshman season. Guys don't usually make it four years anymore, and it's a lot tougher to see guys leave when they do actually stay their whole tenure. Thank you Roberson, and Coleman, for persevering and bleeding Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom