Senior Night Q&A with Syracuse guard Frank Howard | Syracusefan.com

Senior Night Q&A with Syracuse guard Frank Howard

That's a great article/interview. Enjoyed reading it. Very articulate in how he answers a lot of those questions. A testament to his upbringing, growth, and maturing over his time at SU.

Quite a loaded career when you think of everything included- the highs, the lows.

Regardless of what happens the rest of this year and how critical the fan-base can be regarding the up and down guard play, wish him the best. Would be awesome to make another March run.

It's pretty crazy that Richardson and Lydon could both still be on this team. Feels like they played here 8 years ago.

How good would this team be if we had them both for this season, along with everybody else?

1) Howard
2) Battle
3) Richardson
4) Brissett
5) Lydon

Backcourt bench: Hughes, Boeheim, Carey
Frontcourt bench: Dolezaj, Chukwu

Edit, or, alternatively, a lineup of:

1) Battle
2) Richardson
3) Hughes
4) Brissett
5) Lydon

or

1) Battle
2) Richardson
3) Brissett
4) Lydon
5) Chukwu

Defensive lineup:

1) Howard
2) Battle
3) Brissett
4) Lydson
5) Chukwu

Three-point lineup:

1) Battle
2) Boeheim
3) Richardson
4) Dolezaj
5) Lydon
Sub in Hughes to rotate

I thought Frank came across very well in the interview. Nice to see that.

Questions were good overall, with one glaring exception: "How is playing through the ankle injury limiting you on the court?"

Frank did speak generally about repetition and need to regain a feel, etc.

But would have liked to see Mike drill down a little more. Perhaps there were ground rules for the interview that didn't allow it.

Has any Syracuse player had such ups and downs throughout his career?

As a freshman, many were impressed with his passing and thought he had a bright future as an MCW type PG for us.

As a soph, he started, played horribly, lost his starting job, sulked and played sporadic minutes the rest of the year. There were rumors of him getting into it with recruits, though who knows if there's truth to that.

As a junior, he came back with a better attitude and improved jump shot. The shooting numbers didn't necessarily improve a ton on the surface, but he was much improved there. He averaged almost 5 apg, but continued to struggle with ball handling and turnovers.

As a senior, he got hurt early in the fall, struggled to get back in time for the season, and when he did finally return, he looked slower and less athletic than ever. He struggled in the non-conf games, but has started to get his shot back in ACC play (35% from 3). It's still been an up and down quagmire with a good game here and a meltdown there.

Overall, I'm not sure what his legacy will be. I doubt it'll be a very positive one when looking at all his down.

The only player that I can think of having such an up and down career is Allen Griffin. Maybe Tyler Roberson, though he never seemed to have more than a few good games.

Defensive lineup:

1) Howard
2) Battle
3) Brissett
4) Lydson
5) Chukwu

Three-point lineup:

1) Battle
2) Boeheim
3) Richardson
4) Dolezaj
5) Lydon
Sub in Hughes to rotate

You say doley... but when was the last time he even shot a 3? He’s had plenty of open looks in games that I’ve watched and passes it up. Granted I get like no games cause I live in Florida so... he may have taken some recently

The change you see in a kid from his Frosh year to Senior is amazing. NOt just in frank's case but as a rule.
Truly move from boys to men.

It's the end of the road for the Seniors.

For those who like to talk about JB not relating to his players, Frank tells a very different story.

Best of luck to Frank for his future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom