Serious question about Forwards... | Syracusefan.com

Serious question about Forwards...

RichmondCuse

Walk On
Honest question. Say CJ had left for the NBA last year. Does anyone think we'd be better RIGHT NOW if Grant had been forced into the #1 option and Roberson had been forced into Grants minutes all season? Personally, I think with equal touches, Grant would out-produce CJ. The questions is, could Roberson have developed into someone that could match Grant's current production? No way to know, but I think an interesting question.

One thing I'm sure of - Fair should have never been our go-to guy. He is miscast, and he and Grant should have had opposite rolls all season.

RichmondCuse said:
Honest question. Say CJ had left for the NBA last year. Does anyone think we'd be better RIGHT NOW if Grant had been forced into the #1 option and Roberson had been forced into Grants minutes all season? Personally, I think with equal touches, Grant would out-produce CJ. The questions is, could Roberson have developed into someone that could match Grant's current production? No way to know, but I think an interesting question. One thing I'm sure of - Fair should have never been our go-to guy. He is miscast, and he and Grant should have had opposite rolls all season.

You're reaching.

I'd hate to see where we would be without Fair. Not 10 games if you ask me.
I don't know. One thing I feel strongly about is Fair and Grant should've switched roles this year.

RichmondCuse said:
He shoots 48% this year compared to CJs 44%

He has taken way less shots and gets rebounds and put backs primarily. He has room to operate because CJ is the primary and everyone knows he's getting the ball 80% of the time.

He has taken way less shots and gets rebounds and put backs primarily. He has room to operate because CJ is the primary and everyone knows he's getting the ball 80% of the time.
Maybe. I'm not convinced. Well see next year.

We'd be awful without CJ. Even with a terrible game tonight, we still need him playing.

Next year is going to be dreadful if we lose Grant/Ennis.

Honest question. Say CJ had left for the NBA last year. Does anyone think we'd be better RIGHT NOW if Grant had been forced into the #1 option and Roberson had been forced into Grants minutes all season? Personally, I think with equal touches, Grant would out-produce CJ. The questions is, could Roberson have developed into someone that could match Grant's current production? No way to know, but I think an interesting question.

One thing I'm sure of - Fair should have never been our go-to guy. He is miscast, and he and Grant should have had opposite rolls all season.

Short memory (Baylor, 1st Duke game, Minn, etc). Quite simply he is in a funk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom