Seriously, who knocked up who's girlfriend this time? | Syracusefan.com

Seriously, who knocked up who's girlfriend this time?

SU2NASA

All American
I can't think of any other reasonable explanation.

I've been wondering the same thing for s while.

From a team that played like a team to a couple of 'me' players and several non performers.

We seem to be watching a completely different team than we were a month and a half ago.

I
People often get blinded by a record vs how they played.
I'm not shocked nor was I blinded by the record, it just seems like they enjoyed playing together before and now the chemistry appears to be gone. I knew earlier that we had weaknesses especially at center but the team effort and hustle on both ends of the court over came a lot of weaknesses. Other than the FSU game, I don't see the players diving after loose balls and working as hard as they did in the past.

Shermthegeneral said:

I was told winning was all that mattered. All we ever hear is that it doesn't matter how you won. Apparently it does.

44cuse

I don't think the chemistry is a problem. We have every facet of the game covered except being able to score points. That is it. Period. End of story... Score 70 and win every game.

I think there is a lot to this; a month ago it was a "fact" that we had this special ability to win close games. Not so much anymore

Having no deep threat except Cooney is a pretty big problem. Not having a center that can consistently score is a problem.

For the 10th time, I LOL at the phrase "it doesn't matter how you win".

NASA, your comment made me think back on the infamous Nova rumor about Scottie Reynolds and Corey Fisher.

This season's arc is so much like Nova during that 09-10 season it's scary.

Nova started the year 22-2, was #1 for for a bit, then faded down the stretch. They went 2-4 to finish the regular season (sound familiar?) to finish 24-6, were the #3 overall seed in the Big East tourney, and lost their first game to Marquette by 4 (we lost by 3 to NCST). This was the same season we broke the attendance record and the infamous 34,616 shirt came about.

In the NCAAT they got a #2 seed (we probably get a 3, possibly a 4), where they were almost beaten by 15 seed Robert Morris in the first round where they won 73-70 in OT and then got slapped around in the 2nd round by 10 seed Saint Marys and lost 75-68.

NASA, your comment made me think back on the infamous Nova rumor about Scottie Reynolds and Corey Fisher.

Nova started the year 22-2, was #1 for for a bit, then faded down the stretch. They went 2-4 to finish the regular season (sound familiar?) to finish 24-6, were the #3 overall seed in the Big East tourney, and lost their first game to Marquette by 4 (we lost by 3 to NCST). This was the same season we broke the attendance record and the infamous 34,616 shirt came about.

In the NCAAT they got a #2 seed (we probably get a 3, possibly a 4), where they were almost beaten by 15 seed Robert Morris in the first round where they won 73-70 in OT and then got slapped around in the 2nd round by 10 seed Saint Marys and lost 75-68.

And they still got a two seed, which makes the fact that we could be a four seed all the more absurd.

That's a good one as well. I watch these games and I feel like I did in the 01-02 season when it seemed like every game was a struggle. I think we lost like 6 of 9 to end the year and lost our first BET game.

That year was the Butler game in the NIT though.

Deshaun Williams getting kicked out of school was perhaps the best thing that's ever happened to Syracuse basketball.

And they still got a two seed, which makes the fact that we could be a four seed all the more absurd.

The Big East was a hell of a lot tougher top to bottom that year than the ACC is this year. We sent 8 teams to the Dance. Also all of their losses were to good teams, only team they lost to that didn't make the tourney was Uconn. We have 2 bad losses.

SU 1 seed
WVU 2 seed
Nova 2 seed
GTown 3 seed
Pitt 3 seed
Marquette 6 seed
Notre Dame 6 seed
Louisville 9 seed

That Nova team had no business being a 2. The committee does it's best to accomodate Duke like always and puts Nova in the Blue Devils' bracket. Then they put the worst 3 seed (Baylor) in the same bracket for good measure. That year Nova lost in the 2nd round after escaping a 1st round upset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom