Seth Davis had an interesting tweet today | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis had an interesting tweet today

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Seth Davis @SethDavisHoops
They don't have much to play for right now. Get em to the tourney RT @BobDiTullio: two rough games in a row for SU Seth...thoughts???

Never thought about that and never would imagine this team taking its foot off the pedal. They haven't looked nearly as impressive, but they continue to win. Win out and SU is 16-1 vs. top 100 RPI opponents. There's something to be said about teams that find ways to win while being "exposed". I hope they up their play soon and get back into playing inspired ball, which they will soon. Glad SU has a good collection of upperclassmen that can help this team through the tough games. KJ did it vs. GT, Scoop vs. UConn and RU -- all games at the end of the season when the team needed a boost.

They don't have much to play for right now. Get em to the tourney RT @BobDiTullio: two rough games in a row for SU Seth...thoughts???

Never thought about that and never would imagine this team taking its foot off the pedal. They haven't looked nearly as impressive, but they continue to win. Win out and SU is 16-1 vs. top 100 RPI opponents. There's something to be said about teams that find ways to win while being "exposed". I hope they up their play soon and get back into playing inspired ball, which they will soon. Glad SU has a good collection of upperclassmen that can help this team through the tough games. KJ did it vs. GT, Scoop vs. UConn and RU -- all games at the end of the season when the team needed a boost.
I have been thinking the same thing. Almost seem bored and lazy, but are good enough to play and win that way. They better get out of their system now or they will lose.

I have been thinking the same thing. Almost seem bored and lazy, but are good enough to play and win that way. They better get out of their system now or they will lose.
I think once the BET/NCAAs come they'll be fine. They've shown the ability all year to turn it on when necessary.

Honestly I'd rather have these tough, close, gut-check games than doing what UK is diong and blowing out everyone by 15+

It may be true to some degree but I would think securing the Big East championship and a #1 seed in the NCAA would still be something to play for.

I think once the BET/NCAAs come they'll be fine. They've shown the ability all year to turn it on when necessary.

Honestly I'd rather have these tough, close, gut-check games than doing what UK is diong and blowing out everyone by 15+
Really? Perhaps one or two I can see but having it become SOP is not a good thing. There are definitely elements of both enthusiam and execution which are not present in abundance the way they were earlier in the season. You'd expect those things to improve with time as the season moves forward. There is a nonchalance in the way they move on offense and especially how they have become "watchers" instead of "getters" when there is a rebound or lose ball to be had.

He must have read my post from last night. Copying bastard.

It may be true to some degree but I would think securing the Big East championship and a #1 seed in the NCAA would still be something to play for.

these are college kids. theyre not robots. you cant expect them to play 100% balls to the wall every single game. they just finished playing gtown, uconn and louisville in a 6 day span. its only natural to look at the schedule, see rutgers and south florida coming up, and have a little bit of a letup. rutgers treated this game like their super bowl, played a very good game, and we still led the entire 2nd half.

i have to laugh at all these complaints. no we're not firing on all cylinders right now, and have been fairly inconsistent for about a month. but do people honestly expect us to roll through the big east winning every game by 20? cuz if we were firing on all cylinders every game thats what would happen, but that aint too realistic, even in a down big east. this team aint perfect, but some people expect them to be.

these are college kids. theyre not robots. you cant expect them to play 100% balls to the wall every single game. they just finished playing gtown, uconn and louisville in a 6 day span. its only natural to look at the schedule, see rutgers and south florida coming up, and have a little bit of a letup. rutgers treated this game like their super bowl, played a very good game, and we still led the entire 2nd half.

i have to laugh at all these complaints. no we're not firing on all cylinders right now, and have been fairly inconsistent for about a month. but do people honestly expect us to roll through the big east winning every game by 20? cuz if we were firing on all cylinders every game thats what would happen, but that aint too realistic, even in a down big east. this team aint perfect, but some people expect them to be.
I like! High Five

Funny how we've gone from SU being barely favored over Louisville with not many here expecting them to even compete let alone win, to now being accused of playing uninspired and down to Louisville's level. Can't have it both ways fellas.

With the decline of some of the traditional Big East powers in UConn, Pitt, and Nova this year, we have become the clear cut game of the year for our opponents on the road. So its something new for most of these kids and to an extent our program. Even in 2010, there were other traditional powers that to an extent took the "X" of our back, or at least it was spread out.

The only problem with that logic is that they do still have something to play for.
The BE is not locked up. If they lose today then it's essentially a half game lead on ND. It would suck to end up in 2nd after the unprecedented start to the season so I think they still have a lot to play for.

The people in the media like to create controversy, but they don't realize this is the big east not sec or acc or big 10 ,big 12 games in our conference are dogfights. We always complain about the roughouse but thats the way they play in our league.

Or maybe they simply are who they are as a team. A flawed team, that some how always finds a way to win. ND notwithstanding.

You can look at the warts and see an omen of things to come; or look at the warts and think that this is just a slump/nothing to play for/playing down; or look at warts and relish in the fact that they just keep winning.

...even JB is saying team doesnt seem to be playing as well as it did in earlier games(today's presser) and we are lacking at putting teams away. Winning is always good medicine, but I hope Team Chemistry remains strong as depth playing time continues to decrease...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom