Seth davis mentioning | Syracusefan.com

Seth davis mentioning

Marsh01

Living Legend
Syracuse not ncaa triggered the suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat me to it, Marsh.

Just to elaborate, he indicated that SU is being pretty tight lipped about the situation. Also emphasized that his source at SU indicates that this was something uncovered by Syracuse, not the result of any external or NCAA issue.

Not a ton of new information, but the part about SU [versus NCAA] was interesting.

It's good to proactive with stuff like this. If we try to cover it up and the NCAA finds out later, we'd be in much deeper

Beat me to it, Marsh.

Just to elaborate, he indicated that SU is being pretty tight lipped about the situation. Also emphasized that his source at SU indicates that this was something uncovered by Syracuse, not the result of any external or NCAA issue.

Not a ton of new information, but the part about SU [versus NCAA] was interesting.
Which will likely lead to that Student Judicial Board review thingy...which always seem to end well. :bang:

Which will likely lead to that Student Judicial Board review thingy...which always seem to end well. :bang:
Given their biblical punishment style, you'd think the 'students' on the SJB lived in glass dorms.

No confirmed information on my part, but I'm guessing this has something to do with James year at Notre Dame Prep. NCAA investigation there has already caused Sam Cassell, Jr., Myles Davis (the Xavier guard, not the Cuse LB recruit or jazz trumpeter), and Ricardo Ledo to be declared ineligible. It's conceivable that Syracuse is aware of some type of irregularity that occurred at NDP, declared James ineligible as a cautionary move and is petitioning the NCAA for reinstatement.

It's good to proactive with stuff like this. If we try to cover it up and the NCAA finds out later, we'd be in much deeper

Blue Curtain would say you are not fan if you didnt want the program to do anything to win...like covering this up for example...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Remember just a few days ago Davis didn't know sheet about anything?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No confirmed information on my part, but I'm guessing this has something to do with James year at Notre Dame Prep. NCAA investigation there has already caused Sam Cassell, Jr., Myles Davis (the Xavier guard, not the Cuse LB recruit or jazz trumpeter), and Ricardo Ledo to be declared ineligible. It's conceivable that Syracuse is aware of some type of irregularity that occurred at NDP, declared James ineligible as a cautionary move and is petitioning the NCAA for reinstatement.
This is a very interesting deduction! But if the irregularity caused 3 players to be declared ineligible, doesn't that bode ill for James? And what happened at NDP, because I haven't followed this. Thanks!

That doesn't pass the sniff test. Davis, Cassel Jr, and Ledo were all incoming freshmen. I find it difficult to believe that the NCAA would be applying this to a player who'd already passed NCAA clearinghouse scrutiny four years ago, and was a 2nd semester senior entering his final semester of eligibility. Especially because the issues with the other players you reference had arisen before the season started [summer timeframe].

Since it's not NCAA and it's not academics per Jake that leaves university type crimes: got into a fight/hard drugs found/etc. Which means he will go in front of the review board if it's something serious where your student status is on the line and you can get expelled.

If it's not prep school, it means he did something DUMB whatever it is. We're lucky MCW isn't off this team right now, imagine if they were both suspended for the year?

Since it's not NCAA and it's not academics per Jake that leaves university type crimes: got into a fight/hard drugs found/etc. Which means he will go in front of the review board if it's something serious where your student status is on the line and you can get expelled.

If it's not prep school, it means he did something DUMB whatever it is. We're lucky MCW isn't off this team right now, imagine if they were both suspended for the year?
If i recall correctly Jake also said it may still be academic related but its not to do with grades from last semester or someone at SU academic support falling asleep - which leads me to infer NDP issues

Jake never said it wasn't academics...in fact, he clarified that he DIDN'T say it wasn't academics.

Just because the NCAA didn't suspend him because of events that occurred at ND prep doesn't mean SU didn't suspend him for things that occurred at ND prep. The university can't knowing allow a student cheat there admissions process with no repercussions. If it was drugs or criminal it would have gotten out by now...see MCW!

Just because the NCAA didn't suspend him because of events that occurred at ND prep doesn't mean SU didn't suspend him for things that occurred at ND prep. The university can't knowing allow a student cheat there admissions process with no repercussions. If it was drugs or criminal it would have gotten out by now...see MCW!

We'll see. I'm guessing this is a dead end.

What do you mean? A dead end for Southerland? As in he won't play again?

No, no--that the NDP angle won't prove to be the explanation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom