Seth Davis picks SDSU | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis picks SDSU

Anyone who picks against us obviously has some kind of fatal flaw. Terrible human.

To echo my twin brother, while Seth Davis may be a bit douchey, we could definitely lose this game.

To echo my twin brother, while Seth Davis may be a bit douchey, we could definitely lose this game.
so wait you are saying that either team could win?

I simply do not understand all these predictions with such low scores. There is no way we score under 70 pts. No chance. Our offense is better than last year, it's defense that might have trouble.

I simply do not understand all these predictions with such low scores. There is no way we score under 70 pts. No chance. Our offense is better than last year, it's defense that might have trouble.

Maybe they think its gonna be tough to shoot outside? Dunno

Edit: Our offense might shoot better than last year but Im not sure we'll protect the ball as well.

Probably a typo, but did anyone else notice "CBS" as the network for the game?

I assume it's still fox sports, but someone had alluded to a bigger audience after the move to Sunday and want to make sure I didn't miss something.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Probably a typo, but did anyone else notice "CBS" as the network for the game?

I assume it's still fox sports, but someone had alluded to a bigger audience after the move to Sunday and want to make sure I didn't miss something.

I'm assuming it's a typo.

The NFL is scheduled from 1-5.

Thanks. I officially stink. 24 hour ban from me for sucking.

North Carolina scored 67 points in virtually the same place one year ago tonight.

Maybe one or both teams break 70. Maybe we top 80. But it's pretty easy to understand why one wouldn't predict that. Regardless of how good either team is (and there exists the possibility that our young offense both misses a ton of shots or tosses the ball around as carelessly as it did in the second half against Pace), it's an outdoor game on the water.

If we can get dribble penetration vs their good guards then we'll be fine. If not and we get stagnant and stand around then it will be a long trip home for the 'Cuse.

I don't expect us to break 70. With a new group of starters, a long trip to the west coast, a very good opponent and outdoor conditions on a ship, I think it's going to be an ugly, grind it out affair.

I'm not sure our offense is better than last year. Maybe by the end of the year we can say that, but right now there's a lot of new parts, question marks inside and at PG and I'm not sure this team is going to be able to get out in transition like they have the past few seasons.

I was pretty much assuming we would lose (although there is always hope). I don't think it would be a bad thing at all. It will probably focus us like a laser (a la LeMoyne) and give us much information which Boeheim and the coaches can analyze and put to very good use.

I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised, but it's not a disaster if we lose.

Tapley can really shoot, no one else can. If we overplay Tapley with our long guards and keep Franklin around his average they can't play with us. They are really short and will have trouble with our zone and our size inside. We'll score 77 and win by 8. TO's are the key to this game, if we keep around 13 to's it won't be a sweat.

Me either. They use three guards and want to run. Game could turn into a track meet.

His prediction in this case isn't terrible, but there is nothing to like about Seth Davis, or his analysis of college basketball. Every time I see him I wonder how he got his job.

Baylor - said they would win by 10, they won by 22.
Michigan State - WRONG
Maryland - WRONG
George Mason - correct
NC State - said they would win by 20, they won by 38.

Not exactly The Amazing Kreskin we're dealing with, here.

As an Aztec fan, I'm confused at Seth picking us and even giving props to the Show. He's not known to be a fan of SDSU.

This isn't a good sign for us. I wish he picked you guys. I'd feel a lot better about our chances.

Two reasons:

1. It's outdoors
2. SDSU plays really good defense

As far as the guys who said we're short. Yes, but they have length and all of our guys can run. With last year's 4 guard line up with a 6'7 guy with 175 bad knees who cant dunk playing our 5, we still out-rebounded our opponants.

That being said, your size is a lot like NC State from last year. We did shore up some of the lack of height with our transfers and recruits. However, it's still our weakness. My fear is if our bigs don't perform, it's going to be like the NC State game from the tourney.

Tapley can really shoot, no one else can. If we overplay Tapley with our long guards and keep Franklin around his average they can't play with us. They are really short and will have trouble with our zone and our size inside. We'll score 77 and win by 8. TO's are the key to this game, if we keep around 13 to's it won't be a sweat.
A healthy James Rahon, which he finally is can shoot.

Also Jamaal's stats on tres are a bit deceiving. He chucks up some garbage shots a lot like an open trey leading a 3-1 break. However, when it matters he makes them. There isn't a better player in the MWC at the end of the game with the ball.

X Thames our PG is a decent shooter. Not even close to Tapley.

We also have a freshman, Matt Shrigley who can shoot. I'm not sure if he's going to get much PT this year with who else we have at the wing.

As an Aztec fan, I'm confused at Seth picking us and even giving props to the Show. He's not known to be a fan of SDSU.

This isn't a good sign for us. I wish he picked you guys. I'd feel a lot better about our chances.
as others have said seth hates cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom