Seth Davis tweet: JB indicated hope that JS will return this year | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis tweet: JB indicated hope that JS will return this year

BlackSquirrels

2nd String
The full text of Seth's tweet is:

"Just interviewed Jim Boeheim for Courtside. He indicated some hope that James Southerland will be back this season. Show airs at 4:30 pm"

I assume the show is on CBS Sports Network.

I'm thinking Seth's stock is rising in the unofficial syracusefan.com pundit rankings after Jay Bilas ranked SU #8 earlier this week...

The full text of Seth's tweet is:

"Just interviewed Jim Boeheim for Courtside. He indicated some hope that James Southerland will be back this season. Show airs at 4:30 pm"

I assume the show is on CBS Sports Network.

I'm thinking Seth's stock is rising in the unofficial syracusefan.com pundit rankings after Jay Bilas ranked SU #8 earlier this week...
JB also hoped to have AO back by the round of 16. I'm just saying. (Different Reasons, I know.)

Seth has been growing on me this year. The guy is not attached to his opinions at all, which is a rare quality in the sports-analysts world these days.

Hope is not the same thing as saying he is "optimistic". I can hope for a million dollars, too.

Hope is not the same thing as saying he is "optimistic". I can hope for a million dollars, too.

This is what I picture you looking like:

DebbieDownerRachaelDratch.jpg

I hope that was can re-do 2010 and not play AO vs. Gtown, then re-do Fab's 2011 fall semester and win two more titles

JB also hoped to have AO back by the round of 16. I'm just saying. (Different Reasons, I know.)

I think the difference there was he knew AO was done, he was just protecting his no. 1 seed.

I hope that was can re-do 2010 and not play AO vs. Gtown, then re-do Fab's 2011 fall semester and win two more titles

Wow- that is the recurring dream that I have almost every night!

Little story to help us have hope. That is, if it is about who wrote parts of Sutherland's term paper. When my younger son was in 4th grade, his language arts teacher failed him on a paper because he used words that she thought were "too big". My son had just figured out, all on his own, how to use a thesaurus. When I explained this to the teacher, she said she does not like students to use a thesaurus because they often use the words in the wrong context. When I asked her if my son used ANY of the words in the wrong context, she could not find one place where he had done so. So let's hope she, or someone just like her, is on the committee that deemed the paper to be possibly written by the tutor. Because there are a lot of people, and educators out there who do not believe that people can improve on their abilities.

Little story to help us have hope. That is, if it is about who wrote parts of Sutherland's term paper. When my younger son was in 4th grade, his language arts teacher failed him on a paper because he used words that she thought were "too big". My son had just figured out, all on his own, how to use a thesaurus. When I explained this to the teacher, she said she does not like students to use a thesaurus because they often use the words in the wrong context. When I asked her if my son used ANY of the words in the wrong context, she could not find one place where he had done so. So let's hope she, or someone just like her, is on the committee that deemed the paper to be possibly written by the tutor. Because there are a lot of people, and educators out there who do not believe that people can improve on their abilities.
plausable and god id love to believe that, but we arent talking about an elementary kid here.

we're talking about a 22 year old man. and if he goes from, see jane run to shakespeare, from mid-term to the finals...then yeah, thats a problem.

:noidea:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m39qgntPSC1qkaczro1_500.gif
You should get a Bronn

plausable and god id love to believe that, but we arent talking about an elementary kid here.

we're talking about a 22 year old man. and if he goes from, see jane run to shakespeare, from mid-term to the finals...then yeah, thats a problem.

:noidea:
My guess it would be more like a search engine check on the internet looking for certain phrases and finding them.

Anybody know if Syracuse uses TurnItIn or an anti-plagiarism software like that? This stuff is really easy to detect these days.

Anybody know if Syracuse uses TurnItIn or an anti-plagiarism software like that? This stuff is really easy to detect these days.
I used it at Cuse for some classes, but each school had their own policy.

It gives so many false positives nowadays since tons of colleges and high schools use it now. It can be more of hassle than it is helpful.

Not too many new ideas or thoughts out there seems it should get a hit on any well written paper IMO.

Yeah, TurnItIn. Not everyone uses it, but it's common at SU.