Seth Davis | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis

He's going off Palm

ESPN is very pro-us getting in. Lunardi, Bilas, Jay Williams, Greenberg, Vitale and Rece Davis all said we're in. Bilas said it's not even close.

CBS has been very against it.
Espn may be a bit bias given ACC network and the new athletic director...but I hope they are right.

1 road neutral site win from being a lock since it would improve rpi and help in road neutral record

Espn may be a bit bias given ACC network and the new athletic director...but I hope they are right.
I think Wildhack might be a help in the committee room as well.

1 road neutral site win from being a lock since it would improve rpi and help in road neutral record
Yep. That @BC game is going to haunt us in about 6 hours

I think we orange squeeze in.6 to 50 wins is something k state and USC can't beat

Just said he would be stunned if we got a bid, what a tool, I guess he doesn't learn.
A couple of things. We are a bubble team. People are going to take different stances on our chances. We have to accept that. Second, Who would Seth put in instead of us. No one ever answers that question.

E X A C T L Y

Selection to the tourney doesn't exist in a vacuum.

I think we orange squeeze in.6 to 50 wins is something k state and USC can't beat
If USC gets in over us and people talk about the road record, I'll be pissed.

USC played away/neutral games 8 times against teams 125 or worse (including 5 200 or worse). In those 8 games, USC picked up 7 wins. They are 2-5 vs. the top 100 on the road, and those 2 wins were vs. #93 and 99.

We played a resounding 4 games away/neutral against teams 100 or worse and went 1-3. Meanwhile, we went 1-8 vs. the top 75 on the road with a win vs. #67.

USC simply had road games vs. a lot worse teams than we did

Well, in five hours we will know he answer.

What's the point of attacking people who you know have no idea because you don't like their opinion.

Seems like everyone who says SU is out is an idiot and everyone that says SU is in is a genius.

At a little after 5:30pm we will actually know the answer.

The problem with the logic of those harping on the road/neural wins is they seem to be assuming that those wins are created more or less equal - like 3 roal/neutral wins is clearly better than 2, without looking to see who the team beat.

For example, USC has 9 road/neutral wins. Wow! But they are against TAMU, Missouri St, BYU, Washington twice, Wash St, Wyoming, and San Diego

USC's best road/neutral win was against Kenpom #74 BYU on a neutral court. Syracuse has a road win against #36 Clemson

Our resume shouldn't be any better if we beat BC in the first round this year instead of lost to Miami, but apparently it would be according to these people

That's comforting since Seth is mostly wrong about everything and especially when it comes to SU. For what it's worth...Jay Bilas says Syracuse is in.

Well, in five hours we will know he answer.

What's the point of attacking people who you know have no idea because you don't like their opinion.

Seems like everyone who says SU is out is an idiot and everyone that says SU is in is a genius.

At a little after 5:30pm we will actually know the answer.

The only post of yours I will ever like.

Seth Davis Orange.jpg

Seth Davis is the anti- Bilas. A play here and there, and a smarter schedule going forward...

Just said he would be stunned if we got a bid, what a tool, I guess he doesn't learn.

I wouldn't call him a tool for offering his opinion, one that is what we do not want to hear. It's literally a 50/50 shot.

Pains me to say it, but I agree with him. We're an 18-14 team that has only won two games away from home. Despite the top 50 wins, which are nice, some of those losses were fugly.

It will obviously suck if we're not in, and I'll have to focus on pulling for my alma mater, but if we are not in it won't be because of a pundits opinion. We simply lost too many games, games on the road, and badly in fact to inferior competition.

Last edited:
Leapin' Lanny Davis son is entitled to his opinion.

His criticism is valid. If the tournament wasn't 68 teams we would be in a lot trouble.

I disagree with Lanny's son and think we are in the field.

Syracuse is 18-14 with some dreadful losses. It's not like it's a reach to say what he said.

And no Boeheim-missing portion of the schedule to get a little committee compassion this year.

I'll be stunned if we're in.

Pleasantly of course, but stunned nonetheless.

And no Boeheim-missing portion of the schedule to get a little committee compassion this year.

I'll be stunned if we're in.

Pleasantly of course, but stunned nonetheless.

Ah, forgot about that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom