Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

People out west care way more than you think especially USC. It’s a cult. Hard part is until you live there you just don’t care if you live on east coast. No one stays up til 1030 at night to watch a pac 12 game. When I lived out there you wouldn’t believe it. Ucla basketball has some powerhouse donors. I played quite a bit of golf with them at LA CC and they don’t care what it takes to make them successful.

Adam of course can change the landscaping quite a bit, but Westwood is still Westwood and one of the best campuses in the world. There’s no changing the difference between cuse and Westwood

I hear you and no doubt ucla pulls some serious weight but now were turning to a convo that isnt really about nil and is more about location and prestige. It will always be more difficult to land a cali recruit over a east coast kid but vice versa is true

So this is JP Estrella and Drew Fielder all over again? Why can’t we wrap up one of these recruitments before kids blow up and others swoop in? Hop used to be so good at that—Flynn, MCW, Lydon, Mali all committed early.
Even if he had committed early, that wouldn't have stopped UCLA or USC from offering him a scholarship and NIL money. Then we'd have people upset at a possible flip or decommitment instead of him choosing a different school outright.

So this is JP Estrella and Drew Fielder all over again? Why can’t we wrap up one of these recruitments before kids blow up and others swoop in? Hop used to be so good at that—Flynn, MCW, Lydon, Mali all committed early.
Fielder doesn’t belong in this conversation. We just didn’t put the work in there.

You mean like Kamari Lands and Dior Johnson?

Oh

I also find it very funny that people think because someone commits to a school that means they won’t take anymore offers. As if it’s like some blood pact. I seem to remember a certain top-tier freshman who switched to Syracuse from another school he had committed too…

Anybody know ballpark on the deal Weitsman has offered?

Multi-year and six figures, with incentives that could grow it to seven figures. That's as specific as Adam is getting with me on these NIL offers.
Has he talked to you at all about the possibility of reworking his deals in the case of a kid getting a better offer?

Has he talked to you at all about the possibility of reworking his deals in the case of a kid getting a better offer?
Haven't spoken at length with him on that topic, but I would imagine the answer is yes.

I’m certain that a guy who runs a massive business is more than capable of handling a bidding war
Of course, but bidding on a teenager has to be weird. It's just very interesting. He talked about $1M per year, but one would think that number has grown.

Of course, but bidding on a teenager has to be weird. It's just very interesting. He talked about $1M per year, but one would think that number has grown.
People should the see the dollars thrown around by MLB in South & Central America to 16 year olds (and younger). MOst of whom will never see the upper levels of the minor leagues.

Definitely Texas.
They've had aspirations for a while. But Shaka Smart and Rick Barnes (even with Durant!!) couldn't get them over the hump. Beard might have if he didn't pull the caveman act.

After looking at the arc of their football program over the past 20 years (post Vince Young), I'm not convinced that Texas is as good as they think they are.

They've had aspirations for a while. But Shaka Smart and Rick Barnes (even with Durant!!) couldn't get them over the hump. Beard might have if he didn't pull the caveman act.

After looking at the arc of their football program over the past 20 years (post Vince Young), I'm not convinced that Texas is as good as they think they are.

$$$$$ matters and oh also that #6 next to their name in the AP Poll.

Who cares what Texas thinks it is lol their offer holds more weight than ours would IMO

$$$$$ matters and oh also that #6 next to their name in the AP Poll.

Who cares what Texas thinks it is lol their offer holds more weight than ours would IMO
A Chris beard offer held weight, let’s see how they fare without him over the next couple years