Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

UCLA - they only care about the Lakers and Dodgers. Not even the defending SB champion Rams have any clout. Nobody cares about college hoops out there in the 2020’s. John Wooden was 50 years ago. It’s the thing in Syracuse.

Kansas - is in Kansas.

These other schools ain’t nobody.

We’ve stunk and we’re still putting more wings/forwards in the league than the LA schools
Right? Indiana? Whose Indiana? Where’s Indiana? We’ve kicked their butts every time we’ve played for 35 years. They suck.

We were first and we’ve got scrap metal guy and even at our worst we’ve got more clout than almost all of these schools. Win this battle, no excuses.

You know I think other donors should help out Adam with these situations…perhaps they are…but Adam is a billionaire to my understanding so he can afford just as much as the next person…. how much are people actually willing to pay for these recruits? I mean I’m just grateful to have a chance for a kid like this I can name others like Estrella or Filipowski that I wish we gave NIL deals to

You know I think other donors should help out Adam with these situations…perhaps they are…but Adam is a billionaire to my understanding so he can afford just as much as the next person…. how much are people actually willing to pay for these recruits? I mean I’m just grateful to have a chance for a kid like this I can name others like Estrella or Filipowski that I wish we gave NIL deals to
I've actually had a lot of convos with Adam W. about this lately. I wish I could share what we talk about, but it's kind of sensitive. I will say this: Adam's offers are extremely competitive with others out there for recruits. Extremely competitive. Also, the number of huge deals out there is probably fewer than people probably perceive. I know there was that huge one down in Miami, etc., but the massive deals, as far as I can tell, aren't as pervasive as we might expect. Sorry can't say much more. Not trying to be cryptic, I promise!

Thanks for the update. Your posts are must reads. Any news that he will make another trip to SU?
Appreciate you, my friend. There was a report out recently that Marcus may be eyeing an unofficial visit to SU on March 4 for the Wake Forest game, but that's not a definite. And as far as I know, that visit wasn't to meet with Adam. But I'll share more when I know more!

I've actually had a lot of convos with Adam W. about this lately. I wish I could share what we talk about, but it's kind of sensitive. I will say this: Adam's offers are extremely competitive with others out there for recruits. Extremely competitive. Also, the number of huge deals out there is probably fewer than people probably perceive. I know there was that huge one down in Miami, etc., but the massive deals, as far as I can tell, aren't as pervasive as we might expect. Sorry can't say much more. Not trying to be cryptic, I promise!
How can we help, if at all.

You are doing yeomans work good sir between articles and being willing to feed the info hungry fanbase on here. Many thanks!!

Really? Because this is a high major prospect from the west coast who didn't have offers from "local" programs, that we were in a solid position to pull East due to AW's NIL offer. That the offer was contingent upon him reclassifying was also favorable for us, given that we don't have any other recruits lined up for the class of 2023.

Before we were able to get him to take the deal, however, he got offers from hometown UCLA and USC. Then he got an offer from Kansas.

Remind me again how we generally fare once the blue chips get involved with a player we're recruiting?

Two weeks ago, Adams seemed like he was coming to Syracuse to get that NIL on a bullet. A lot has changed in two weeks.

All of the above is how we have likely missed our window.

I didn't say nor imply that the coaches did anything "wrong."
“A lot has changed in two weeks.”
It’s been like one week. Or even just a few days since he got these other offers. Who knows where all this is headed? I’m gonna try to be positive since our coaches and AW did a great job in enticing this kid to look at Cuse, and it sounds like the interest is real. JB is heavily involved. No reason to panic. Let’s see how it plays out.

There was a recent article that had the top NIL value athletes. Bronny was #1. The value of the #10 athlete was est. 1.3 million. Adams deals certainly seem strong if that's anywhere near accurate.

Commit to a Univ is already check off???

Attachments

• BE5E6E7F-4670-4C01-8752-124E62FF5ACA.png
    BE5E6E7F-4670-4C01-8752-124E62FF5ACA.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 168
Interesting headlines this morning, but nothing new regarding the whole issue of NIL. I know (from reading others) that AW is taking his cue from the SU compliance office. The reality is nobody knows if their interpretation will stand the test of time, or if the NCAA really has the hammer to enforce the "intent" of the policy. It really is a sideshow on everybody's part.

Interesting headlines this morning, but nothing new regarding the whole issue of NIL. I know (from reading others) that AW is taking his cue from the SU compliance office. The reality is nobody knows if their interpretation will stand the test of time, or if the NCAA really has the hammer to enforce the "intent" of the policy. It really is a sideshow on everybody's part.
The Post Standard has a good article on NIL and AW this morning about NCAA crackdown on boosters. It’s a good read and has comments from several people.

The Post Standard has a good article on NIL and AW this morning about NCAA crackdown on boosters. It’s a good read and has comments from several people.
Yeah, I talked to Adam about this a few days ago, just haven't gotten a chance to post something about it yet.