Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

Our inability to lock down big time recruits over the last few seasons has been unreal. Aside from Judah it’s been exhausting following these prospects. Next coach is going to instill some excitement and start getting this kids, I can feel it!

UCLA is the favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised if he commits to Kansas today.

I'm feeling like it's the Jayhawks. Think they sold him on the come to Kansas from LA, like Paul Pierce did; and become a NBA Hall of Famer.

I'm feeling like it's the Jayhawks. Think they sold him on the come to Kansas from LA, like Paul Pierce did; and become a NBA Hall of Famer.

Lol, thats quite the promise. We should promise him he can be the next michael jordan.

He could date Michael Jordan's daughter.
which Daughter are you posting about? The youngest is age 9 and the oldest is married to Rakeem Christmas?

FWIW, I just talked to someone who has good intel about Marcus' recruitment, and it looks like UCLA is definitely the favorite, but according to this person, Kansas is making one last push today. I still think the likely choice is UCLA, but it would not surprise me at all if Kansas ends up winning out. SU, this person said, is not in contention at this point.

FWIW, I just talked to someone who has good intel about Marcus' recruitment, and it looks like UCLA is definitely the favorite, but according to this person, Kansas is making one last push today. I still think the likely choice is UCLA, but it would not surprise me at all if Kansas ends up winning out. SU, this person said, is not in contention at this point.

Adam W set the market price, and surely both KU and UCLA said " hold our bags!"

Nice that we were considered, and a shame we couldn't get him back last weekend, it was a great weekend in Cuse and in the Dome, might've pushed us over the top with this one.

C'est la guerre.
Cuse showing up with a knife to a gunfight.

Adam W set the market price, and surely both KU and UCLA said " hold our bags!"

Nice that we were considered, and a shame we couldn't get him back last weekend, it was a great weekend in Cuse and in the Dome, might've pushed us over the top with this one.

C'est la guerre.
Cuse showing up with a knife to a gunfight.
I do agree that having Marcus, his brother and their parents on an unofficial for last weekend's win and festivities would have been huge. That being said, tough to overcome the 2022 champs and his hometown team, both of which are highly ranked this season.

Unfortunate. But it is one more scholarship and more NIL money for a player in the portal.

Regardless of who the next coach is, I just don’t think we have the money to play in the upper echelon sand box.

Well, let me rephrase. We’re going to need a whole lot of cash to compete on this level and I don’t think we have it. Or, at the very least, we’re going to need it in order to dig ourselves out of the hole we’ve put ourselves in. It’s going to be very difficult.

Well, let me rephrase. We’re going to need a whole lot of cash to compete on this level and I don’t think we have it. Or, at the very least, we’re going to need it in order to dig ourselves out of the hole we’ve put ourselves in. It’s going to be very difficult.
Honestly, how in the world would you know how much money we have or can raise? Let me put it another way, let's say for arguments sake that we can't compete money wise with the usual suspects. How many other schools can? How many schools have more resources than we do? Let's stick only with the East for now.

Lol. Yeah, because if we were recruiting a Baltimore kid, we would never try to sell him the be the next Carmelo Anthony.

I was referring to the hall of fame comment. Seems like a false equivalence to suggest someone can become a hall of famer because they grew up in the same area and went to the same college.

Honestly, how in the world would you know how much money we have or can raise? Let me put it another way, let's say for arguments sake that we can't compete money wise with the usual suspects. How many other schools can? How many schools have more resources than we do? Let's stick only with the East for now.
It depends how you’d like to compete. I mentioned the upper echelon. You know, complete for championships, etc. That would be actually beating Duke, UNC, et al on occasion. It would mean top rankings and high seeds coupled with deep runs in the tournament. That’s what I’m talking about.

To answer your question, not many schools have the funds and, as is demonstrated, not many schools can actually compete. NCAA basketball, while not nearly as bad as football, gives the illusion of competition, but it’s rarely overly competitive. So, in the East, there’s a handful of small, mostly private schools looking to compete. How’s that working?? Not very well.

As for SU, the financials of the institution won’t allow for the spending to win at the highest levels. We certainly have more than most of our brethren from the Northeast, we’re not paupers, but we’re not competing with the big boys either. Just look at the football side, we’ll never catch up.

What upsets me regarding recruiting is that we’ve lost recruits to schools on equal or lesser footing than us. That’s on the staff and the current situation. I was just talking to a friend who told me Jeff Capel lives in Stepinac’s gym (Westchester - Boogie Fland is the latest recruit there), but SU is no where to be seen. That’s a problem.

It depends how you’d like to compete. I mentioned the upper echelon. You know, complete for championships, etc. That would be actually beating Duke, UNC, et al on occasion. It would mean top rankings and high seeds coupled with deep runs in the tournament. That’s what I’m talking about.

To answer your question, not many schools have the funds and, as is demonstrated, not many schools can actually compete. NCAA basketball, while not nearly as bad as football, gives the illusion of competition, but it’s rarely overly competitive. So, in the East, there’s a handful of small, mostly private schools looking to compete. How’s that working?? Not very well.

As for SU, the financials of the institution won’t allow for the spending to win at the highest levels. We certainly have more than most of our brethren from the Northeast, we’re not paupers, but we’re not competing with the big boys either. Just look at the football side, we’ll never catch up.

What upsets me regarding recruiting is that we’ve lost recruits to schools on equal or lesser footing than us. That’s on the staff and the current situation. I was just talking to a friend who told me Jeff Capel lives in Stepinac’s gym (Westchester - Boogie Fland is the latest recruit there), but SU is no where to be seen. That’s a problem.
This is not a funds issue. You hit the nail on the head with your last paragraph. Why would any elite prospect come here worth a darn after we missed the tournament two years in a row?

Frankly we need a new direction. NIL only gets you so far. Kids want to win and be drafted.