Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

6'8" 201 is great size for a high school small forward. In the article in the first post, he is described as bouncy, among other things. As long as he can cover a lot of space. Hopefully not afraid to bang the boards and can shoot. Syracuse Basketball: Orange offers west coast standout with deep range

Sounds like he could also reclassify to 2023.
I saw him bringing the ball up on some possessions. Looks very comfortable doing that. Had a spectacular block in that highlight somewhere too.

I think he is a similar player to John Wallace or Billy Owens. Not saying he is that good but his playing style and skill set is similar.

Not as strong or accomplished inside yet. But a better outside shooter than both already.

I saw him bringing the ball up on some possessions. Looks very comfortable doing that. Had a spectacular block in that highlight somewhere too.

I think he is a similar player to John Wallace or Billy Owens. Not saying he is that good but his playing style and skill set is similar.

Not as strong or accomplished inside yet. But a better outside shooter than both already.
I thought he played like Kris Joseph. IMO

Marcus, join our program!

CC5254C7-9C1C-44E9-9BB3-00577E02279B.jpeg

Melo getting involved with recruiting is absolutely incredible.
My pitch has been to make him the coach in 5-6 years. Some (not just on here) thought I was nuts. The guy is famous world wide. We would have the same effect as Deion if he were manning the ship. Look at what he has done already by Adam having him get involved. They are a deadly combo together

My pitch has been to make him the coach in 5-6 years. Some (not just on here) thought I was nuts. The guy is famous world wide. We would have the same effect as Deion if he were manning the ship. Look at what he has done already by Adam having him get involved. They are a deadly combo together
I think he needs to get a degree before he can be the Syracuse HC. Isn't that a requirement?

Not for nothing, but - WHY would Melo wanna coach??

He's a multi-bajillionaire, gets to do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Also - it seems like a majority of "glory days face of the program" hires like Mullin and Ewing have been major flops.
(and Ewing was a well-regarded assistant coach in the NBA prior)

At some point competence and experience are more important than celebrity.

I like the Owens comparison.

Sometimes good players aren’t good coaches. At least Pat Ewing and Juwan Howard were NBA assistants first.

The competition looks a little weak in those HS videos but Narbonne is a 2000K + high school in Los Angeles. They've produced a bunch of pro football players. Kid looks like he can play and the club team video he looks legit.

I think Melo enjoys a different type of lifestyle than the one he would have in Syracuse.

Back to Adams, hoping we can put good show on for him tonight and that the fans turn out and don't sulk over the Virginia Tech debacle.

I think Melo enjoys a different type of lifestyle than the one he would have in Syracuse.

Back to Adams, hoping we can put good show on for him tonight and that the fans turn out and don't sulk over the Virginia Tech debacle.
Fans are now too ticked off for moving the Pitt home football game to Yankee Stadium. They may show up just to boo Wildhack.

Fans are now too ticked off for moving the Pitt home football game to Yankee Stadium. They may show up just to boo Wildhack.
Adams is a great player, exited to watch him more

Moving the game is stupid af

Also - it seems like a majority of "glory days face of the program" hires like Mullin and Ewing have been major flops.

Coach his son. Not like it hasn't been done at SU before.

Deion