Class of 2021 - SF Quincy Allen (DC) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Quincy Allen (DC) Offered

It seems pretty quiet on Allen. The last interview I saw with him was December 2019. He spoke in detail about his thoughts on suitors Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, UCLA, and Virginia. Mentioned Miami, Michigan, Louisville, and UCLA as options for his first official visit. No mention of Syracuse anywhere.

One small factor maybe in our favor is SU football's recent offer to 3-star TE Curtis Nixon, '21. He and Allen have been basketball teammates at Maret School in DC. Allen retweets about him a lot, as Nixon's football offers roll in. Among them are BC, Maryland, and Rutgers. Not sure where we stand with Nixon. Our basketball focus seems to be on Benny Williams in that class but I hope we don't forget about Allen.

CNixon-tweet.jpg
Curtis Nixon II
@curtnixII
Feb 1
After a fantastic unofficial visit...I am pleased to announce I have been offered by Syracuse University.
@CoachRenoFerri

Georgetown lmao

It's embarrassing. He goes to school 10 minutes away from the campus and Colorado of all places poached him. Ewing and his staff can't close the deal on good talent. There's always another two star out there.

It's embarrassing. He goes to school 10 minutes away from the campus and Colorado of all places poached him. Ewing and his staff can't close the deal on good talent. There's always another two star out there.

Syracuse hasn’t been great in our own backyard. Just saying

Syracuse isn't Georgetown. There isn't talent in the CNY region like there is in the DMV. Georgetown can't get any of the elite kids to go there. This is a huge fumble for the staff. Not retaining Kevin Broadus has hurt them tremendously.

Well, over the last 40 years, yes they have. I am including Niagara Falls/Buffalo-Rochester-Syracuse-Binghamton-Albany as the backyard.
A+ over that span.

And I doubt there is any program that has dominated its own turf like SU/Boeheim.

Last edited:
Well, over the last 40 years, yes they have.

Yeah, but - what have we done for us lately? ;)

... ignoring that our returning starting backcourt doesn’t get any more backyard.

Our likely starting 3 (assuming waiver approved) is from Westchester, and 1 of our returning F’s is from Canada -
which is definitely Syracuse’s backyard. :p

Yeah, but - what have we done for us lately? ;)

... ignoring that our returning starting backcourt doesn’t get any more backyard.

Our likely starting 3 (assuming waiver approved) is from Westchester, and 1 of our returning F’s is from Canada -
which is definitely Syracuse’s backyard. :p

Lol yeah our starting backcourt is from our backyard. Have we had missed? Of course...every program has misses in their own backyard. Sometimes kids are dead set on getting out of town. Sometimes parents tell them to get out of town. Sometimes our staff will “recruit” kids in our backyard as curtesy but may not actually want the kid/the kid may not be a “take”. We have had plenty D1 come out of our area the last 10+ years but we simply can’t take EVERYONE and not everyone is Syracuse level D1 talent.

Now the players we actually want out of our backyard we usually get. Minus the Thomas Bryant’s and Isaiah Stewart’s...we have gotten the JG3’s, Buddy’s Coleman’s, Triche’s, Rautin’s, Flynn’s, Harris’, Josh Wright’s, etc...we own our backyard.

Also, can't speak for the cuse area but I don't blame one person for wanting to get out of Rochester (I'm from there so save the remarks). You have a chance to go somewhere (if you're 4/5 star, basically anywhere) and experience new things or really make it. A lot of kids don't make it out of rochester. I'll never fault someone for wanting to see the world outside of upstate NY

My kids grew up in Rochester and went to Penfield HS. One son went to the University of Rochester and the other out of town at the University of Richmond. Both had great experiences, loved their choice, and their respective colleges opened up opportunities in the world of finance that I'm not sure they could have gotten everywhere.

My kids grew up in Rochester and went to Penfield HS. One son went to the University of Rochester and the other out of town at the University of Richmond. Both had great experiences, loved their choice, and their respective colleges opened up opportunities in the world of finance that I'm not sure they could have gotten everywhere.
I forgot to mention, they are both HUGE SU basketball and football fans. Got that from their father who spent a couple grad school years there!

Penfield is a little different than the inner city of Rochester...just saying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom