Class of 2019 - SF Wendell Moore (NC) Offered by Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Wendell Moore (NC) Offered by Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks good. Solid build too. And who's 24?
#24 is Christian Koloko of the Oakland Soldiers. He is averaging 6 points, 8 boards, and 1 block through 3 games.

Fun side note of the Oakland squad... Scottie Pippen and Kenyon Martin's sons both start on that team and can ball. I wish we'd show interest in them and get some star power. Don't think we'll be reaching out to Cali though. ;)

#24 is Christian Koloko of the Oakland Soldiers. He is averaging 6 points, 8 boards, and 1 block through 3 games.

Fun side note of the Oakland squad... Scottie Pippen and Kenyon Martin's sons both start on that team and can ball. I wish we'd show interest in them and get some star power. Don't think we'll be reaching out to Cali though. ;)

Quick follow-up to Koloko.. one of the 2-4-7 guys said this about him from the first veal period...

"Christian Koloko, C, Oakland Soldiers

The Cameroon import is somewhat new to American basketball, but didn't show it this weekend. He has elite size and length and plus athleticism for his size. Koloko has elite upside as a shot blocker, while he's also a terrific area rebounder. On offense, Koloko uses his length to score around the basket and he's also a very good passer for the position. While Koloko still has plenty of strength to gain before reaching his potential, he's easily tracking as a high major prospect.

Recruiting: Arizona, Creighton, Stanford"

Martin is a heavy Cincy lean, SU would be wasting their time. He's also a 2-3 star recruit at best right now.

I really like this kid's game. Living in Charlotte I've seen him many times. He's very talented. From what I've heard, I'd be shocked if he landed outside of the state of NC.
The clips: he reminded me of Malcolm Brogdon. Is that a fair comparison?

The clips: he reminded me of Malcolm Brogdon. Is that a fair comparison?
I don't know how good at player comps I am, but I think he has more offensive upside than Brogdon. He plays with great effort (not lazy), has a great wingspan/reach which would make him a great fit in the zone. He's already a plus level defender because of his athleticism and wingspan. I actually think he may be a better athlete than Brogdon as well. Unfortunately, I think the likelihood of him playing anywhere but Duke or UNC is very low.

I don't know how good at player comps I am, but I think he has more offensive upside than Brogdon. He plays with great effort (not lazy), has a great wingspan/reach which would make him a great fit in the zone. He's already a plus level defender because of his athleticism and wingspan. I actually think he may be a better athlete than Brogdon as well. Unfortunately, I think the likelihood of him playing anywhere but Duke or UNC is very low.
More upside than a guy averaging 10+ points a game in the NBA, on a team where he has to share the ball with the Greek Freak, Kris Middleton and Eric Bledsoe. High praise indeed.

More upside than a guy averaging 10+ points a game in the NBA, on a team where he has to share the ball with the Greek Freak, Kris Middleton and Eric Bledsoe. High praise indeed.
I guess I should've clarified... at the same stage in their careers... good catch.

I have been ignoring this thread as knew he wasn't coming here but wanted to post this link in case anyone still thinks we have a shot (which we don't) -

To know surprise, we didn't crack his final 5 as he'll be staying close to home in the Carolinas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom