Class of 2017 - SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon

As a former WKU Baskeball season ticket holder (still reside here), I will say that the campus here is beautiful, the arena is nice, and the program has a nice tradition.

That being said, there's a reason why we passed.

I'm glad we don't play WKU next season, as our roster currently stands, anyway.

Dude has been a stud recruiter for like 20 years.

If it was Hop grabbing recruits like this would you say something like that?

Before we chastise someone why don't we give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sometimes all it takes is the right voice to be heard to close a sale and it doesn't even matter the product.
Hop didn't really, and was known as one of the strongest recruiters on the trail, so...

I had to laugh at this considering how generous you have been in benefiting the Syracuse staff with your doubts!

If Syracuse started pulling multiple high end recruits I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they weren't cheating. Stupid post.

Just for starters...probably just a big coincidence right?

IMG_6732.PNG
Instead of laughing why don't you elaborate?

Just for starters...probably just a big coincidence right?

View attachment 97255

If Goodman's hearing that kind of talk, why doesn't he do more than just tweet a weak innuendo, how about a little bit of investigative journalism and report on whatever is behind the reason they are pulling out.....or are they just escared of Rick Stansbury??

If Syracuse started pulling multiple high end recruits I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they weren't cheating. Stupid post.
So you only give the benefit of the doubt on one issue?

So you only give the benefit of the doubt on one issue?

To be fair there is no doubt where the fault lies on some things. Not just that the staff was responsible but specifically which member of the staff was responsible. I'm talking decisions being made that turned out badly, plans that were poorly thought out or didn't jive with the overall publicly stated plan for the program. I'm not talking about purposely or negligently harming the program. That stuff isn't public knowledge here but multiple posters do have this knowledge and it effects their posting and perspective. You may want someone to give someone the benefit of the doubt when they actually know better. Some strange stuff has gone on with the program the last couple of seasons and its not too difficult to work out.

I don't harp on it much or dwell on it because I prefer to see where we go from here and how things work out. That said I can understand where other posters and fans have a serious issue with the way things have gone.

I remember Duarte having really questionable shot selection and wasn’t really high on him. Q is way better fit for us I think.

This kid had more baggage than Thurston and "Lovie" Howell. ;)

It's nice that a zillion years later he's somewhere playing well, but what are the odds that:
A - that EVER woulda been here? and, if so:
B - that he'd still be here, now?

I'd say slim to none, and slim just left town.