Class of 2028 - SG Rowan Phillips (PA) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2028 SG Rowan Phillips (PA)

Also playing at the Syracuse Elite Camp this weekend, FYI. 2028 shooting guard out of Archbishop Wood and Team Final in the Philly market!
x.com
Would you happen to know who else will be attending the Elite Camp this weekend? I do not see a thread on this topic. Thanks in advance.

2026 group expected to participate at the Elite Camp. Most of these names are unrecognizable to me. Let the research begin!

Styles Clemmons (VA)
Chad Cook (NY)
Jalen Grant (NJ)
Eric Hillsman (NY)
Hassan Koureissi (NY)
Zaahir Muhammad-Gray (PA)
Jayson Peterson (MD)
Adonis Ratliff (NY)
Darius Ratliff (NY)
Saxton Simley (DC)
Jaxson Terry (MA)

2027 names expected at camp:

Jacob Canton (NJ)
Patrese Feamster (PA)
Anthony Gonzalez (NJ)
Jaydn Jenkins (PA)
Moussa Kamissoko (NY)
Andrew Kretkowski (NJ)
Caleb Lundy (NJ)
Davon Maloney (NY)
Stetson Merritt (NY)
Josh Rivera (NY)
Ayyub Wilson (NJ)

Yeah, I'm writing a short piece now. Lots of NJ, NY, DMV kids, etc. Multiple four-star prospects. I did confirm with his dad that Imahri Wooten, who holds a 'Cuse offer and took an unofficial last October, is there. I'm expecting him to take an OV to Syracuse at some point.

Yeah, I'm writing a short piece now. Lots of NJ, NY, DMV kids, etc. Multiple four-star prospects. I did confirm with his dad that Imahri Wooten, who holds a 'Cuse offer and took an unofficial last October, is there. I'm expecting him to take an OV to Syracuse at some point.
Three questions:

Is there a sense with the staff that if they can make the tournament and show real progress , both in terms of wins and style of play, that recruiting will take off?

Also, I know that the fan’s hope that a Kiyan commitment would open the recruiting up, but is that the staff’s consensus as well?

How does Red the coach play in the homes? Do the kids or their parents really know about Red as a player? Does he still have a rep from his HS days?

Appreciate all you do. Would love other insiders opinions here as well.

Thanks in advance

Three questions:

Is there a sense with the staff that if they can make the tournament and show real progress , both in terms of wins and style of play, that recruiting will take off?

Also, I know that the fan’s hope that a Kiyan commitment would open the recruiting up, but is that the staff’s consensus as well?

How does Red the coach play in the homes? Do the kids or their parents really know about Red as a player? Does he still have a rep from his HS days?

Thanks in advance
All great questions, buddy! As far as I can tell, recruits and their families love Red. He's genuine, he's honest, he doesn't play games. He tells it like it is. Now, do high school kids know him from his playing days? Probably not all that much. But I know for a fact that recruits' parents do, particularly ones from NYC and the DMV. I certainly think that if 'Cuse can get back to the tourney, that will help, after three straight absences. By and large, I thought Red's first year was solid - 20 regular-season wins for the first time in a decade, mainly sophomores, injuries to Chance and Naheem, Benny's stuff, a tough non-conference, etc. It's a good start. Landing Donnie and Sadiq were huge. Landing Kiyan would be great, and a few others that SU is targeting in 2025. 2026 could also be big if SU could land guys such as Smith, Rippey, Constanza, Samuels, etc. Getting Kiyan is important for numerous reasons; not just that he's Melo's son, but he's a top-30 prospect and has a big "brand," so to speak. He's legit on his own. I think recruiting is trending positively, but let's see how the 2024-25 season goes and what happens with the 2025 and 2026 classes. Like many other programs, the team lost a lot of guys this past season, but it also brought in four four-star transfers, the No. 6 prospect in Donnie, a top-10 shooting guard in Choppa, and a promising European big. I'm a homer, but I'm feeling optimistic.

Three questions:

Thanks in advance
Maybe this will help cuseallday: If you want stats and bios on every player to have played for SU go to orangehoops.org
#15 Adrian Autry

6'4"Guard

HS: TolentineBronx, NY

Born: 2/28/1972Monroe, NC

Adrian 'Red' Autry was the starting point guard for Syracuse basketball for four seasons. He was a big guard (6'4"), who could drive to the hoop and take advantage of his size, and take the perimeter shot when needed. Autry was a good playmaker, and a strong rebounder as a guard. He was also a solid free throw shooter who developed into a very reliable shooter by his junior season. Autry was not a quick player, but his size enabled him to be a very effective passer, and strong in the zone defensive scheme.

Autry replaced sophomore Michael Edwards as the starting point guard his first season at Syracuse. It was a team with a excellent front court of Billy Owens, Dave Johnson, and Leron Ellis, and the team needed a solid point guard. Autry met that need, and helped guide the Orangemen to a 26-4 regular season, winning the Big East regular season title. The Orangemen would stumble in both their post season games, and finish at 26-6, but an excellent season overall. Autry would be named to the Big East All Rookie Team.

Autry felt more pressure at the point his sophomore season with the departure of Owens. Whereas Owens handled some of the playmaking duties the previous season, and was the man keyed by all defensive schemes, the loss of Owens allowed opposing defenses to put more pressure on Autry. Autry and Mike Hopkins formed a formidable defensive duo in Syracuse's zone defense as they two were 6'4" and 6'5" respectively. Syracuse would end up winning the Big East tournament over Georgetown 56-54.

Autry became a more prominent scorer his junior season, second on the team in scoring behind Lawrence Moten. Autry had become an excellent free throw shooter, making nearly 80% of his attempts. He would score 31 points and have 10 assists in a 95-79 victory over Pitt. The Orangemen were banned from postseason play that season, so no post season heroics for the Orangemen. Autry would make the Big East 3rd Team his junior season.

Autry became a star point guard his senior season, averaging over six assists a game and nearly seventeen points. He had developed into an effective three point shooter, and he, Moten, and John Wallace were a solid scoring trio. Autry would have a stellar game against Kentucky leading the Orangemen to a 93-85 victory. He would score 30 points going 10-15 from the floor, 6-6 from the free throw line, and 4-7 from three point range, and he added 10 assists to top that off.

Against Missouri in the Sweet Sixteen Autry would have another stellar game, gathering 31 points, although that was not enough as the Orangemen would lose 98-88. Autry would be named to the All Big East First Team.

Autry would go undrafted in the NBA, and instead play over in Europe for several seasons. He played in Istanbul, Turkey from 1995-1996, Germany from 1997 to 1999, Italy from 1999 to 2001, France from 2002 to 2003, and in Poland from 2004 to 2005. Autry would come back to the United States and get involved in coaching at the AAU level, eventually coaching high school basketball and moving to the NCAA as an assistant coach for Virginia Tech. In 2011, Autry would become an assistant basketball coach at Syracuse, joining Jim Boeheim's staff.

Autry was named a Syracuse University Letterwinner of Distinction in 2016, and a Vic Hanson Medal of Excellence winner in 2017.

Autry was named the Syracuse Men's Head Basketball coach on March 8, 2023 replacing Jim Boeheim.

Maybe this will help cuseallday: If you want stats and bios on every player to have played for SU go to orangehoops.org
#15 Adrian Autry

6'4"Guard

Adrian 'Red' Autry was the starting point guard for Syracuse basketball for four seasons. He was a big guard (6'4"), who could drive to the hoop and take advantage of his size, and take the perimeter shot when needed. Autry was a good playmaker, and a strong rebounder as a guard. He was also a solid free throw shooter who developed into a very reliable shooter by his junior season. Autry was not a quick player, but his size enabled him to be a very effective passer, and strong in the zone defensive scheme.

Autry replaced sophomore Michael Edwards as the starting point guard his first season at Syracuse. It was a team with a excellent front court of Billy Owens, Dave Johnson, and Leron Ellis, and the team needed a solid point guard. Autry met that need, and helped guide the Orangemen to a 26-4 regular season, winning the Big East regular season title. The Orangemen would stumble in both their post season games, and finish at 26-6, but an excellent season overall. Autry would be named to the Big East All Rookie Team.

Autry felt more pressure at the point his sophomore season with the departure of Owens. Whereas Owens handled some of the playmaking duties the previous season, and was the man keyed by all defensive schemes, the loss of Owens allowed opposing defenses to put more pressure on Autry. Autry and Mike Hopkins formed a formidable defensive duo in Syracuse's zone defense as they two were 6'4" and 6'5" respectively. Syracuse would end up winning the Big East tournament over Georgetown 56-54.

Autry became a more prominent scorer his junior season, second on the team in scoring behind Lawrence Moten. Autry had become an excellent free throw shooter, making nearly 80% of his attempts. He would score 31 points and have 10 assists in a 95-79 victory over Pitt. The Orangemen were banned from postseason play that season, so no post season heroics for the Orangemen. Autry would make the Big East 3rd Team his junior season.

Autry became a star point guard his senior season, averaging over six assists a game and nearly seventeen points. He had developed into an effective three point shooter, and he, Moten, and John Wallace were a solid scoring trio. Autry would have a stellar game against Kentucky leading the Orangemen to a 93-85 victory. He would score 30 points going 10-15 from the floor, 6-6 from the free throw line, and 4-7 from three point range, and he added 10 assists to top that off.

Against Missouri in the Sweet Sixteen Autry would have another stellar game, gathering 31 points, although that was not enough as the Orangemen would lose 98-88. Autry would be named to the All Big East First Team.

Autry would go undrafted in the NBA, and instead play over in Europe for several seasons. He played in Istanbul, Turkey from 1995-1996, Germany from 1997 to 1999, Italy from 1999 to 2001, France from 2002 to 2003, and in Poland from 2004 to 2005. Autry would come back to the United States and get involved in coaching at the AAU level, eventually coaching high school basketball and moving to the NCAA as an assistant coach for Virginia Tech. In 2011, Autry would become an assistant basketball coach at Syracuse, joining Jim Boeheim's staff.

Autry was named a Syracuse University Letterwinner of Distinction in 2016, and a Vic Hanson Medal of Excellence winner in 2017.

Autry was named the Syracuse Men's Head Basketball coach on March 8, 2023 replacing Jim Boeheim.
I check out that site all the time, my friend. Great stats and other information there. Appreciate you!

I check out that site all the time, my friend. Great stats and other information there. Appreciate you!
Thanks! I read your work every time you put pen to paper and love your avatar.

Yes, orangehoops.org has tons of information besides The Player Index, a great resource.

#15 Adrian Autry

6'4"Guard

Note: the 31 points was all in the 2nd half ( included an OT).

Thanks! I read your work every time you put pen to paper and love your avatar.

Yes, orangehoops.org has tons of information besides The Player Index, a great resource.
Apprecate you, broooooooooooo.