Shafer hires Eric White to direct recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Shafer hires Eric White to direct recruiting

I will say this... He has done an incredible job so far and all of the recruits who have been to visit have loved him. Having someone who can better utilize social media/technology is enormous. Can alleviate many of the headaches caused by things falling through the cracks.

The biggest takeaway of all is that Shafer has hired someone to solely focus on coordinating recruiting. That is an extremely important improvement with this staff. When a coach is in charge of recruiting, it can often become challenging to balance out all of the day-to-day tasks of coaching with chasing around 17-18 year old kids to come for a visit and monitor their grades.

He's doing a great job and kudos to HCSS for bringing him in.

He graduated in 2012 and is already on his fourth job in college athletics? Gets getting around.

He graduated in 2012 and is already on his fourth job in college athletics? Gets getting around.

Not just 2012...but December, 2012 ...from Kansas. Could that really have been before working at Arkansas, Wisconsin?

You'd have to figure he started at those places before officially graduating. It happens a lot -- Doug Marrone, for instance, is a '91 graduate of Syracuse.

That said, he probably followed Bielema to Arkansas and impressed McDonald enough (in their short time there) that he recommended him to Shafer.

seems like a good position for a super model. we should have gone more outside the box.

Don't understand the super model reference. Clarification, please?

I wonder if he is scheduling a junior day? Hopefully during the spring practice period.

Interesting, but we'll see if he works out. The only savior here is that the social networking is rather new ad this kid looks like 14 so he might work out!!

Pretty much every word of this post gets a big FAIL.

Interesting, but we'll see if he works out. The only savior here is that the social networking is rather new ad this kid looks like 14 so he might work out!!
Jesus, man...give it a rest. You are constantly complaining about stuff you know absolutely nothing about. You treat this as some sort of desperate move when you know nothing about the man or the media that he specializes in. When I see your handle and read your post, the word "curmudgeon" comes to mind...

Jesus, man...give it a rest. You are constantly complaining about stuff you know absolutely nothing about. You treat this as some sort of desperate move when you know nothing about the man or the media that he specializes in. When I see your handle and read your post, the word "curmudgeon" comes to mind...
ha - I have a much different word come to mind

...When I see your handle and read your post, the word "curmudgeon" comes to mind...
For me that word would be "troll." The guy never has anything positive say and appears to talk directly out of his uninformed, know-nothing ass.

He tweets:

Eric White@EricWhiteCuse2 Apr
At practice with 1st round pick Chandler Jones & his brother and Super Bowl winner Arthur Jones #GoOrange pic.twitter.com/qCnwgMoPpb

BG4hJPhCUAAMcmV.jpg

It would be nice to have a twitter feed with only the coaches/staff. ; ; )
I second that. Maybe it was interesting during the height of the signing season but at this point, following a bunch of teenage boys' personal twitter-ramblings is a little weird and kinda "stalker-ish" imho.

It's long past time to limit the twitter feed to coaches/staff; you know, the people we'd actually LIKE to hear tidbits of info from.

It would be nice to have a twitter feed with only the coaches/staff. ; ; )
Give me the handles, and I will take care of it.

Give me the handles, and I will take care of it.

Here are the few that I have seen...

Coach_Shafer
Coach_Lester
Coach_Lea
CoachGMcDonald
EricWhiteCuse

Anyone else?? Some are definitely more tweety than others. Talking about you Coach Lester. :) Thanks Tom.

And I don't mind reading the commits tweets. It's interesting to see who is talking amongst themselves, but could you please delete Spearman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom